Running Vista on three computers and my external hard drives (MyBook,
Maxtor, NetGear SC101) all have had trouble being recognized by Vista
on my comuter. went through everything from finding that the system
type was raw to trying to format etc etc - for SC101, I finally got it
to work...

Here;s the kick - just for fun I plugged the other two into the other
two computers (running vista) in the house and voila - auto play pops
up and everything is fine and data is right where it should be - my
computer is the newest of the bunch and it does have SP1 -

Any ideas how I can get the auto play to work on my PC? (I've already
reset to defaults - these external drives just don't seem to want to
be recognized by my PC) - device manager sees them, but cannot install
driver...

thanks for thoughts

samktb