SATA II cable recos - Storage

This is a discussion on SATA II cable recos - Storage ; I will be adding a couple of SATA drives to my computer and would appreciate knowing a source or brand of good quality SATA and SATA II cables. (strong, well-fitting connectors, in particular). Thanks Ken K...

  1. SATA II cable recos

    I will be adding a couple of SATA drives to my computer and would
    appreciate knowing a source or brand of good quality SATA and SATA II
    cables. (strong, well-fitting connectors, in particular).

    Thanks
    Ken K

  2. Re: SATA II cable recos

    Ken wrote:
    > I will be adding a couple of SATA drives to my computer and would
    > appreciate knowing a source or brand of good quality SATA and SATA II
    > cables. (strong, well-fitting connectors, in particular).
    >
    > Thanks
    > Ken K

    I don't know of any particular brands but just make sure to get ones
    with locking L connectors. The crap ones tend to fall off if you do so
    much as breathe on them.

    This is what I mean by L connector.

    http://www.ncix.com/products/index.p...ECH%20COMPUTER

    This is a locking cable but is not L on one end.

    http://www.ncix.com/products/index.p...ogies%20Inc%2E

    Try to get cables with both if you can.

+ Reply to Thread