Server 2008 and logical partitions more than 2TB - Storage

This is a discussion on Server 2008 and logical partitions more than 2TB - Storage ; We have 2 HP 20 MSAs .The largest logical drive you can create with the Storage Management Utility is 2TB on windows 2003 but is there any limit on Server 2008? Can someone confirm you can go >2TB winth Server ...

  1. Server 2008 and logical partitions more than 2TB

    We have 2 HP 20 MSAs .The largest logical drive you can create with the
    Storage Management Utility is 2TB on windows 2003 but is there any limit on
    Server 2008? Can someone confirm you can go >2TB winth Server 2008

    Thanks

  2. Re: Server 2008 and logical partitions more than 2TB

    You can go above 2TB on both 2003 SP1 or higher and 2008 using GPT disks.
    See the following for more details:

    http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device...e/GPT_FAQ.mspx

    Regards,
    John

    Visit my blog: http://msmvps.com/blogs/jtoner

    "zaz" wrote in message
    > We have 2 HP 20 MSAs .The largest logical drive you can create with the
    > Storage Management Utility is 2TB on windows 2003 but is there any limit

    on
    > Server 2008? Can someone confirm you can go >2TB winth Server 2008
    >
    > Thanks

  3. Re: Server 2008 and logical partitions more than 2TB

    "The largest logical drive you can create with the Storage Management
    Utility is 2TB on windows 2003 "

    I would check with the vendor. Although you can have GPT disks larger than
    2 TB in Windows 2003 SP1 and later, not all storage vendors allow creation
    of volumes larger than 2 TB. Check for firmware updates from your storage
    vendor.

    John

    "John Toner [MVP]" wrote in message
    > You can go above 2TB on both 2003 SP1 or higher and 2008 using GPT disks.
    > See the following for more details:
    >
    > http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device...e/GPT_FAQ.mspx
    >
    > Regards,
    > John
    >
    > Visit my blog: http://msmvps.com/blogs/jtoner
    >
    > "zaz" wrote in message
    >> We have 2 HP 20 MSAs .The largest logical drive you can create with the
    >> Storage Management Utility is 2TB on windows 2003 but is there any limit

    > on
    >> Server 2008? Can someone confirm you can go >2TB winth Server 2008
    >>
    >> Thanks

+ Reply to Thread