Case for La Cie F.A.Porsche 320gb H.D. - Storage

This is a discussion on Case for La Cie F.A.Porsche 320gb H.D. - Storage ; Hi Folks I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with the La Cie drive and getting a new case for it? The board on mine appears to be kaput so was looking for new enclosure but have no exp. don't ...

  1. Case for La Cie F.A.Porsche 320gb H.D.

    Hi Folks
    I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with the La Cie drive and
    getting a new case for it?
    The board on mine appears to be kaput so was looking for new enclosure
    but have no exp. don't know whats good or bad or just seller jargon.

    Drive has separate power supply (as in not from USB) was thinking I
    could get one of those double headed USB cables to power it though,
    save bringing the transformer brick with me

    Also drive is spec'd to have approx. 8MB cache, is this a board spec
    that I should try to match to suit the firmware or does it not matter?

    Thanks

  2. Re: Case for La Cie F.A.Porsche 320gb H.D.

    wolf99 wrote:
    > Hi Folks
    > I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with the La Cie drive and
    > getting a new case for it?
    > The board on mine appears to be kaput so was looking for new enclosure
    > but have no exp. don't know whats good or bad or just seller jargon.

    any generic disk enclosure will work.

    > Drive has separate power supply (as in not from USB) was thinking I
    > could get one of those double headed USB cables to power it though,
    > save bringing the transformer brick with me

    Won't work. just get a generic disk enclosure.

    > Also drive is spec'd to have approx. 8MB cache, is this a board spec
    > that I should try to match to suit the firmware or does it not matter?

    doesn't matter as long as the internal interface of your new disk
    enclosure matches the drive type as in IDE or SATA.

+ Reply to Thread