USB host controller BULK Transfer problem. - Storage

This is a discussion on USB host controller BULK Transfer problem. - Storage ; Hi all, I am gopu, new to this group. I am trying to write driver code for usb host controller 1.1 . I hv done enumeration successfully. Now i am trying to send a REQUEST_SENSE SCSI command. I am able ...

  1. USB host controller BULK Transfer problem.

    Hi all,

    I am gopu, new to this group. I am trying to write driver code for usb
    host controller 1.1 . I hv done enumeration successfully. Now i am trying
    to send a REQUEST_SENSE SCSI command. I am able to send the CBW but I am not
    able get the reply and CSW. Host controller is not processing the in-endpoint
    to get the data and status. Plz help me.

    I declared two endpoints and configure ep1 for BULK-OUT and ep2 for BULK-IN.
    I assigned BULK-OUT as head pionter in the BULK HEAD Register and pointed
    the next of ep1 to ep2.
    Now Host controller is processing my ep1 but not my ep2. If i confugre ep2
    for an invalid endpoint address, i get DEVICE NOT RESPONDING error but for
    the proper address host controller is not processing it. Am i missing
    anything ? Plz help me.

    Thanks in advance,
    Gopu.S

  2. Re: USB host controller BULK Transfer problem.

    Previously vskgopu wrote:
    > Hi all,

    > I am gopu, new to this group. I am trying to write driver code for usb
    > host controller 1.1 . I hv done enumeration successfully. Now i am trying
    > to send a REQUEST_SENSE SCSI command. I am able to send the CBW but I am not
    > able get the reply and CSW. Host controller is not processing the in-endpoint
    > to get the data and status. Plz help me.

    > I declared two endpoints and configure ep1 for BULK-OUT and ep2 for BULK-IN.
    > I assigned BULK-OUT as head pionter in the BULK HEAD Register and pointed
    > the next of ep1 to ep2.
    > Now Host controller is processing my ep1 but not my ep2. If i confugre ep2
    > for an invalid endpoint address, i get DEVICE NOT RESPONDING error but for
    > the proper address host controller is not processing it. Am i missing
    > anything ? Plz help me.

    What OS?

    Arno

  3. Re: USB host controller BULK Transfer problem.

    Arno Wagner wrote:
    >> Hi all,

    >> I am gopu, new to this group. I am trying to write driver code for usb
    >> host controller 1.1 . I hv done enumeration successfully. Now i am trying
    >> to send a REQUEST_SENSE SCSI command. I am able to send the CBW but I am not
    >> able get the reply and CSW. Host controller is not processing the in-endpoint
    >> to get the data and status. Plz help me.

    >> I declared two endpoints and configure ep1 for BULK-OUT and ep2 for BULK-IN.
    >> I assigned BULK-OUT as head pionter in the BULK HEAD Register and pointed

    >[quoted text clipped - 3 lines]
    >> the proper address host controller is not processing it. Am i missing
    >> anything ? Plz help me.

    >What OS?
    >
    >Arno

    Actually no OS only bootloader. I m writing this code to upgraded OS from USB.

+ Reply to Thread