Upgrading AIT Firmware - Storage

This is a discussion on Upgrading AIT Firmware - Storage ; I hope this is not too mundane a question for this group, but I need to upgrade an AIT-3 tape drive with 0209 firmware and obtained from the tape library vendor the firmware file that ends with .GBF. Going to ...

  1. Upgrading AIT Firmware

    I hope this is not too mundane a question for this group, but I need to
    upgrade an AIT-3 tape drive with 0209 firmware and obtained from the tape
    library vendor the firmware file that ends with .GBF. Going to the Sony
    web site, none of the utilities for Windows appear to take files that end
    with GBF. they want files that end with 70.

    Can someone tell me what utility is used to apply the GBF firmware file to
    the tape drive?

    --
    Will

  2. Re: Upgrading AIT Firmware

    "Will" wrote in message
    >I hope this is not too mundane a question for this group, but I need to
    >upgrade an AIT-3 tape drive with 0209 firmware and obtained from the tape
    >library vendor the firmware file that ends with .GBF. Going to the Sony
    >web site, none of the utilities for Windows appear to take files that end
    >with GBF. they want files that end with 70.

    Try SCSI Utility For Windows, it may work.

    Da Mooj

    > Can someone tell me what utility is used to apply the GBF firmware file to
    > the tape drive?
    >
    > --
    > Will

+ Reply to Thread