Reviewers Sought for Chapters of a Computer Architecture Textbook - Storage

This is a discussion on Reviewers Sought for Chapters of a Computer Architecture Textbook - Storage ; I am currently at work on a new edition of my textbook, Computer Organization and Architecture. Your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to carefully read a chapter to check for technical errors, computational errors, and typos. In ...

  1. Reviewers Sought for Chapters of a Computer Architecture Textbook

    I am currently at work on a new edition of my textbook, Computer
    Organization and Architecture. Your mission, should you decide to
    accept it, is to carefully read a chapter to check for technical
    errors, computational errors, and typos. In return, you will be
    acknowledged in the Preface and receive a free copy of the book when it
    comes out late 2008. I would need feedback in about 4 to 6 weeks.
    This is a technical rather than a user book, so you need a technical
    background in this area. Chapters include

    Computer Components and Buses
    Cache Memory
    Internal Memory Technology
    External Storage
    I/O
    Computer Arithmetic
    Instruction Set Architecture
    RISC
    Instruction-Level Parallelism and Superscalar
    Control Unit
    Parallel Organization

    Please mention a special interest in one of these if you wish. The
    files are in PDF format. Thanks!

    Contact me at

    ws atsign shore dotsign net

    Bill Stallings

    / Descriptions and errata sheets for my current books
    / and info on forthcoming books: WilliamStallings.com
    /
    / Visit Computer Science Student Resource site:
    / WilliamStallings.com/StudentSupport.html

  2. Re: Reviewers Sought for Chapters of a Computer Architecture Textbook

    Bill Stallings wrote:

    In return, you will be acknowledged in
    > the Preface and receive a free copy of the book when it comes out late
    > 2008.

    Or not - I never did, even after reminding him.

    - bill

+ Reply to Thread