New File Server - Storage

This is a discussion on New File Server - Storage ; Hi, We currently have a file server that is conneted to serveral Luun's. These Lun's contain a fair amount of shares and data. My question is can we connect our new file server to the existing Lun's and then export ...

  1. New File Server

    Hi,

    We currently have a file server that is conneted to serveral Luun's. These
    Lun's contain a fair amount of shares and data. My question is can we connect
    our new file server to the existing Lun's and then export the share
    information from the regisrty of the existing server and then import the
    share information into the new server?

    Mant thanks,

    Thomas

  2. Re: New File Server

    > We currently have a file server that is conneted to serveral Luun's. These
    > Lun's contain a fair amount of shares and data. My question is can we

    connect
    > our new file server to the existing Lun's and then export the share
    > information from the regisrty of the existing server and then import the
    > share information into the new server?

    yes, but you must switch off the old server
    you may not have two active servers connected to the same LUNs !!! at any
    time !

    Rgds,
    Edwin

  3. Re: New File Server

    Thanks Edwin,

    So i can just switch of the old server and import the share info into the
    registry (of the new server) and we are go to go?

    Regards,

    Thomas

    "Edwin vMierlo [MVP]" wrote:

    > > We currently have a file server that is conneted to serveral Luun's. These
    > > Lun's contain a fair amount of shares and data. My question is can we

    > connect
    > > our new file server to the existing Lun's and then export the share
    > > information from the regisrty of the existing server and then import the
    > > share information into the new server?
    > >

    > yes, but you must switch off the old server
    > you may not have two active servers connected to the same LUNs !!! at any
    > time !
    >
    > Rgds,
    > Edwin

+ Reply to Thread