When do 2 TB drives arrive on the market? - Storage

This is a discussion on When do 2 TB drives arrive on the market? - Storage ; Anyone have any inside knowledge about what Seagate and the others are planning for this year and next year? I need to build a storage server with at least 4 TB, but I don't want it to have so many ...

  1. When do 2 TB drives arrive on the market?

    Anyone have any inside knowledge about what Seagate and the others are
    planning for this year and next year? I need to build a storage
    server with at least 4 TB, but I don't want it to have so many drives
    inside that it sounds like a 747 taking off.

    -AH

  2. Re: When do 2 TB drives arrive on the market?

    Andrew Hamilton schrieb:
    > Anyone have any inside knowledge about what Seagate and the others are
    > planning for this year and next year? I need to build a storage
    > server with at least 4 TB, but I don't want it to have so many drives
    > inside that it sounds like a 747 taking off.
    >
    > -AH

    What's wrong with the sound of a 747??? And hey - does THAT baby have
    four drives...!

  3. Re: When do 2 TB drives arrive on the market?

    Previously Andrew Hamilton wrote:
    > Anyone have any inside knowledge about what Seagate and the others are
    > planning for this year and next year? I need to build a storage
    > server with at least 4 TB, but I don't want it to have so many drives
    > inside that it sounds like a 747 taking off.

    The Samsung ITBs are prettu quiet. Expect some low hum with
    several of them in one case, but nothing like a 747...

    My guess wpuld be that 2TB disks are bout 2 years in the future
    or more, but that is just a subjective opinion. I am not aware
    of any anouncements.

    Arno

  4. Re: When do 2 TB drives arrive on the market?

    Andrew Hamilton wrote in news:hints317d1dae4b7d3tsb1kht0kmsf72ve@4ax.com
    > Anyone have any inside knowledge about what Seagate and the others are
    > planning for this year and next year?

    Of course we have, there's a whole ****load of harddrive executives
    in here that keep us apprised of everything that's in the planning.
    Unfortunately we are bound to keep it a secret or they won't tell
    us anymore, so you see how we can't tell you.

    > I need to build a storage
    > server with at least 4 TB, but I don't want it to have so many drives
    > inside that it sounds like a 747 taking off.
    >
    > -AH

+ Reply to Thread