Do-it-yourself hard drive rescue system - Storage

This is a discussion on Do-it-yourself hard drive rescue system - Storage ; "Retrodata's platter extraction system is a 165-pound device that uses laser-guided positioning to help it accurately extract platters from any 3.5 inch hard drive with minimal user intervention. Such devices normally require highly skilled operators, but Retrodata's can be operated ...

  1. Do-it-yourself hard drive rescue system

    "Retrodata's platter extraction system is a 165-pound device that uses
    laser-guided positioning to help it accurately extract platters from
    any 3.5 inch hard drive with minimal user intervention. Such devices
    normally require highly skilled operators, but Retrodata's can be
    operated by a relative novice."

    The quote is from this article
    http://cwflyris.computerworld.com/t/...0659/101416/2/

    "The System P. EX is slated for release next month, at an approximate
    cost of $6,950 per unit."

    I know we have a regular contributor to this NG from Retrodata -
    further details would be
    appreciated!

  2. Re: Do-it-yourself hard drive rescue system

    hdtv? wrote:

    > "Retrodata's platter extraction system is a 165-pound device that uses
    > laser-guided positioning to help it accurately extract platters from
    > any 3.5 inch hard drive with minimal user intervention. Such devices
    > normally require highly skilled operators, but Retrodata's can be
    > operated by a relative novice."
    >
    > The quote is from this article
    > http://cwflyris.computerworld.com/t/...0659/101416/2/
    >
    > "The System P. EX is slated for release next month, at an approximate
    > cost of $6,950 per unit."
    >
    > I know we have a regular contributor to this NG from Retrodata -
    > further details would be
    > appreciated!

    Further details are expected to be made publicly available around the
    end of March, pending completion of patent submissions, etc.

    Duncan Clarke
    --
    Retrodata
    www.retrodata.co.uk

  3. Re: Do-it-yourself hard drive rescue system

    Previously Odie Ferrous wrote:
    > hdtv? wrote:
    >>
    >> "Retrodata's platter extraction system is a 165-pound device that uses
    >> laser-guided positioning to help it accurately extract platters from
    >> any 3.5 inch hard drive with minimal user intervention. Such devices
    >> normally require highly skilled operators, but Retrodata's can be
    >> operated by a relative novice."
    >>
    >> The quote is from this article
    >> http://cwflyris.computerworld.com/t/...0659/101416/2/
    >>
    >> "The System P. EX is slated for release next month, at an approximate
    >> cost of $6,950 per unit."
    >>
    >> I know we have a regular contributor to this NG from Retrodata -
    >> further details would be
    >> appreciated!

    > Further details are expected to be made publicly available around the
    > end of March, pending completion of patent submissions, etc.

    Sounds very interesting. Is this intended for people that
    want to start their own data-recovery business?

    Arno

  4. Re: Do-it-yourself hard drive rescue system

    Arno Wagner wrote in news:63qhheF281n6nU1@mid.individual.net
    > Previously Odie Ferrous wrote:
    > > hdtv? wrote:
    > > >
    > > > "Retrodata's platter extraction system is a 165-pound device that uses
    > > > laser-guided positioning to help it accurately extract platters from
    > > > any 3.5 inch hard drive with minimal user intervention. Such devices
    > > > normally require highly skilled operators, but Retrodata's can be
    > > > operated by a relative novice."
    > > >
    > > > The quote is from this article
    > > > http://cwflyris.computerworld.com/t/...0659/101416/2/
    > > >
    > > > "The System P. EX is slated for release next month, at an approximate
    > > > cost of $6,950 per unit."
    > > >
    > > > I know we have a regular contributor to this NG from Retrodata -
    > > > further details would be
    > > > appreciated!

    > > Further details are expected to be made publicly available around the
    > > end of March, pending completion of patent submissions, etc.

    > Sounds very interesting. Is this intended for people that
    > want to start their own data-recovery business?

    Nope, it will be a collectors item.
    With only one made it will appreciate in value very quickly.

    > Arno

+ Reply to Thread