quick question - Storage

This is a discussion on quick question - Storage ; Hello, I have a quick newbie question. If my mobo supports SATA II, then SATA should work on it as well correct?? And is there a difference between the connectors of a SATA and SATA II drive, or can either ...

  1. quick question

    Hello,

    I have a quick newbie question. If my mobo supports SATA II, then SATA
    should work on it as well correct?? And is there a difference between
    the connectors of a SATA and SATA II drive, or can either plug into
    the other??

    Thanks for the help in advance. Feel free to pummel me with insults
    and derogatory remarks, AFTER helping me of course...

  2. Re: quick question

    nwarchak@gmail.com wrote:

    > I have a quick newbie question.

    You have more than one question |-)

    > If my mobo supports SATA II, then SATA should work on it as well correct??

    Yep.

    > And is there a difference between the connectors of a SATA and SATA II drive,

    Nope.

    > or can either plug into the other??

    Yep.

    > Thanks for the help in advance. Feel free to pummel me with
    > insults and derogatory remarks, AFTER helping me of course...

    I feel free to do that before helping you.

  3. Re: quick question

    On Mar 2, 1:41 pm, "Rod Speed" wrote:
    > nwarc...@gmail.com wrote:
    > > I have a quick newbie question.

    > You have more than one question |-)
    >
    > > If my mobo supports SATA II, then SATA should work on it as well correct??

    > Yep.
    >
    > > And is there a difference between the connectors of a SATA and SATA II drive,

    > Nope.
    >
    > > or can either plug into the other??

    > Yep.
    >
    > > Thanks for the help in advance. Feel free to pummel me with
    > > insults and derogatory remarks, AFTER helping me of course...

    > I feel free to do that before helping you.

    Thanks for the help. much appreciated

+ Reply to Thread