Lun number greater than 255 - Storage

This is a discussion on Lun number greater than 255 - Storage ; Hello, Does any version of Windows (e.g Longhorn, Windows XP etc) supports lun number greater than 255? Can windows see more than 256 luns? Thanks. PS: This may not be right forum for this query but I could not find ...

  1. Lun number greater than 255

    Hello,

    Does any version of Windows (e.g Longhorn, Windows XP etc) supports lun
    number greater than 255? Can windows see more than 256 luns?

    Thanks.

    PS: This may not be right forum for this query but I could not find better
    one.

  2. Re: Lun number greater than 255

    The limit is ~2000 on Win2k3 and later. That said, boot times increase
    linearly with number of LUNs mounted. Also cluster fail over times will
    increase with LUN count.

    For large counts, I would recommend Win2k3R2 (or Storage Server 2k3R2) or
    later as that will include the Storage Manager plug-in (which works with
    most SANs) and make things a bit easier than the standard disk manager.

    Pat

    "Nikhil" wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > Does any version of Windows (e.g Longhorn, Windows XP etc) supports lun
    > number greater than 255? Can windows see more than 256 luns?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > PS: This may not be right forum for this query but I could not find better
    > one.

+ Reply to Thread