Data organization and management best practices - Storage

This is a discussion on Data organization and management best practices - Storage ; I would very much like to hear from folks about their 'best practices' regarding data management, organization and directory structures. What are strategies do you follow for organizing and managing data on your systems (Client or server.....Mac, Linux or Windows...the ...

  1. Data organization and management best practices

    I would very much like to hear from folks about their 'best practices'
    regarding data management, organization and directory structures. What are
    strategies do you follow for organizing and managing data on your systems
    (Client or server.....Mac, Linux or Windows...the same theories and
    practices can apply to all).

    In Windows I mainly keep my data in the 'My documents' folder or on my
    mapped network drives (separating work from personal) but I find that my
    data organization has gotten quite out of hand and I would like to redefine
    the structure and organzation for it. I, and surely others, appreciate any
    tips that any of you can share.

  2. Re: Data organization and management best practices

    Personally I use a basic Document Management App, but in reality its similar
    to Documents folder with Bells & whistles & you still need some
    organisational leaning.

    "Barkley Bees" wrote in message
    >I would very much like to hear from folks about their 'best practices'
    >regarding data management, organization and directory structures. What are
    >strategies do you follow for organizing and managing data on your systems
    >(Client or server.....Mac, Linux or Windows...the same theories and
    >practices can apply to all).
    >
    > In Windows I mainly keep my data in the 'My documents' folder or on my
    > mapped network drives (separating work from personal) but I find that my
    > data organization has gotten quite out of hand and I would like to
    > redefine the structure and organzation for it. I, and surely others,
    > appreciate any tips that any of you can share.

+ Reply to Thread