Iscsi initiator and Linux - Storage

This is a discussion on Iscsi initiator and Linux - Storage ; I have a box here in which I have to run Linux on it. I am running an Equallogic storage device. Is there an Iscsi Initiator for Linux?...

  1. Iscsi initiator and Linux

    I have a box here in which I have to run Linux on it. I am running an
    Equallogic storage device. Is there an Iscsi Initiator for Linux?

  2. Re: Iscsi initiator and Linux

    you are posting in a microsoft newsgroup, you will probably not find a lot
    of linux experts here.
    try posting in a linux newsgroup

    good luck,
    Rgds,
    Edwin.

    "Mike Brester" wrote in message
    > I have a box here in which I have to run Linux on it. I am running an
    > Equallogic storage device. Is there an Iscsi Initiator for Linux?

  3. Re: Iscsi initiator and Linux

    Thanks Edwin. Just figured since MS develops the iscsi I would start here.

    "Edwin vMierlo [MVP]" wrote:

    > you are posting in a microsoft newsgroup, you will probably not find a lot
    > of linux experts here.
    > try posting in a linux newsgroup
    >
    > good luck,
    > Rgds,
    > Edwin.
    >

    > "Mike Brester" wrote in message
    > > I have a box here in which I have to run Linux on it. I am running an
    > > Equallogic storage device. Is there an Iscsi Initiator for Linux?

  4. Re: Iscsi initiator and Linux

    not really iSCSI is a standard, nothing to do with Microsoft or linux, or
    any other operating system.
    all to do with protocol standards

    the "Microsoft iSCSI initiator" is a Microsoft piece of software to run on a
    Microsoft OS to connect to iSCSI storage

    you have other iSCSI initiators which run on various other OS's (or even on
    Microsoft OS's) which are different, but all still using iSCSI protocol to
    connect to iSCSI storage

    > Thanks Edwin. Just figured since MS develops the iscsi I would start here.
    >
    > "Edwin vMierlo [MVP]" wrote:
    >
    > > you are posting in a microsoft newsgroup, you will probably not find a

    lot
    > > of linux experts here.
    > > try posting in a linux newsgroup
    > >
    > > good luck,
    > > Rgds,
    > > Edwin.
    > >

    > > "Mike Brester" wrote in message
    > > > I have a box here in which I have to run Linux on it. I am running an
    > > > Equallogic storage device. Is there an Iscsi Initiator for Linux?

  5. Re: Iscsi initiator and Linux

    http://www.open-scsi.org

    if you are running RHEL, it's only fully supported in
    release 5 update 1 -- 'up2date iscsi-initiator-utils' to
    download the package.

    the 'best' documentation, which is very, very bad, is at
    the website above. RH doesn't have any of their own.

  6. Re: Iscsi initiator and Linux

    sorry, http://www.open-iscsi.org, forgot the all-important
    'i.'

+ Reply to Thread