Can True Image Home do this? - Storage

This is a discussion on Can True Image Home do this? - Storage ; I'd like to use a boot disk copy of TI Home to image a drive from a drive available over my home network to a new blank drive on a new system. Possible? If not is there another solution that ...

  1. Can True Image Home do this?

    I'd like to use a boot disk copy of TI Home to image a drive from a drive
    available over my home network to a new blank drive on a new system.
    Possible? If not is there another solution that can do this?

  2. Re: Can True Image Home do this?

    Tony wrote:

    > I'd like to use a boot disk copy of TI Home to image a drive from a drive available over my home network to a new
    > blank drive on a new system. Possible?

    Yep, that will work fine with 11. With some of the older versions, you dont
    get the network ops with Home. Forget which version that ended up in Home.

    You have to put the bootable TI CD in the new system if it isnt otherwise bootable.

    > If not is there another solution that can do this?

    No need.

  3. Re: Can True Image Home do this?

    "Rod Speed" wrote in message
    > Tony wrote:
    >
    >> I'd like to use a boot disk copy of TI Home to image a drive from a drive
    >> available over my home network to a new blank drive on a new system.
    >> Possible?

    > Yep, that will work fine with 11. With some of the older versions, you
    > dont
    > get the network ops with Home. Forget which version that ended up in Home.
    >
    > You have to put the bootable TI CD in the new system if it isnt otherwise
    > bootable.

    Thanks Rod. Let me make sure I understand clearly. I should be able to keep
    my main rig running, insert the Acronis boot disk into a CD drive that is
    attached to a bare system (blank HD, but BIOS set up to boot from CD), and
    use that running copy of Acronis to image a partition that is across the
    network on the main rig - on to that bare drive? Do I need to open up any
    special ports on my router to get this to work?

  4. Re: Can True Image Home do this?

    Tony wrote
    > Rod Speed wrote
    >> Tony wrote

    >>> I'd like to use a boot disk copy of TI Home to image a drive from a drive available over my home network to a new
    >>> blank drive on a new system. Possible?

    >> Yep, that will work fine with 11. With some of the older versions, you dont
    >> get the network ops with Home. Forget which version that ended up in Home.

    >> You have to put the bootable TI CD in the new system if it isnt otherwise bootable.

    > Thanks Rod. Let me make sure I understand clearly. I should be able
    > to keep my main rig running, insert the Acronis boot disk into a CD
    > drive that is attached to a bare system (blank HD, but BIOS set up to
    > boot from CD), and use that running copy of Acronis to image a
    > partition that is across the network on the main rig - on to that bare drive?

    Yep, thats what I assumed you meant.

    > Do I need to open up any special ports on my router to get this to work?

    Nope. If you cant see the main rig from the booted TI CD, then you can
    try fiddling with the router config, but I've never found that to be necessary.

+ Reply to Thread