Hawking network storage 250MB - Storage

This is a discussion on Hawking network storage 250MB - Storage ; Hello.. Anybody using the Hawking network storage system (enclosure in which you can install 1 x HD up to 205MB) then network to your system via ethernet. The disk can be password protected to different levels, and I think up ...

  1. Hawking network storage 250MB

    Hello..

    Anybody using the Hawking network storage system (enclosure in which
    you can install 1 x HD up to 205MB) then network to your system via
    ethernet. The disk can be password protected to different levels, and
    I think up to 6 users can access it at the same time.

    Any feedback?

    It is a bit more compact than an old PC used as an NAS box, but the
    drawback is the HD can only be up to 250MB, if you want more HD's then
    you would need another enclosure.

    But the price looks good.

  2. Re: Hawking network storage 250MB

    alo wrote:
    > Hello..
    >
    > Anybody using the Hawking network storage system (enclosure in which
    > you can install 1 x HD up to 205MB) then network to your system via
    > ethernet. The disk can be password protected to different levels, and
    > I think up to 6 users can access it at the same time.
    >
    > Any feedback?
    >
    > It is a bit more compact than an old PC used as an NAS box, but the
    > drawback is the HD can only be up to 250MB, if you want more HD's then
    > you would need another enclosure.
    >
    > But the price looks good.

    Not surprising given that massive limitation.

+ Reply to Thread