New to storage - Help me . - Storage

This is a discussion on New to storage - Help me . - Storage ; hi, I would like to know, whether the storage domain will be a good one to build a career. I have a 1+ experience in storage testing and am in a dilema whether to choose storage domain and go for ...

  1. New to storage - Help me .

    hi,

    I would like to know, whether the storage domain will be a good one to
    build a career.

    I have a 1+ experience in storage testing and am in a dilema whether
    to choose storage domain and go for the snia course and advance as a
    storage admin or to do some certifications in testing and proceed with
    automation tools in testing..

    Kindly help me decide the path ahead that.

    I would like to know which one will have a better market in the
    future.. i am personally interested in storage but i dont find enough
    openings in india , so i am little bit worried.. help me decide.

    Regards,
    Deepak D

  2. Re: New to storage - Help me .

    I think you'll be OK either way. From a very broad perspective I see
    people generating more data, not less over the next few years. Which
    means you'll always be able to feed yourself if you can figure out how
    to store and access all this data intelligently. I don't know how this
    plays in India, but I know that a lot of storage vendors are starting
    to sell a lot of storage devices in India so your situation may get
    better there.

    Obviously testing will always be there as well..but I don't know much
    about that particular sub-niche.

    Bottom line if you're doing something you enjoy you'll be happier with
    life in general.

    On Feb 6, 12:37 am, sam wrote:
    > hi,
    >
    > I would like to know, whether the storage domain will be a good one to
    > build a career.
    >
    > I have a 1+ experience in storage testing and am in a dilema whether
    > to choose storage domain and go for the snia course and advance as a
    > storage admin or to do some certifications in testing and proceed with
    > automation tools in testing..
    >
    > Kindly help me decide the path ahead that.
    >
    > I would like to know which one will have a better market in the
    > future.. i am personally interested in storage but i dont find enough
    > openings in india , so i am little bit worried.. help me decide.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Deepak D

+ Reply to Thread