EMC CX300 Drive Access - Storage
This is a discussion on EMC CX300 Drive Access - Storage ; I have an EMC CX300 from a user takeout. I need to wipe the drives.
How do I access them?...
EMC CX300 Drive Access
I have an EMC CX300 from a user takeout. I need to wipe the drives.
How do I access them?
Re: EMC CX300 Drive Access
> I have an EMC CX300 from a user takeout. I need to wipe the drives.
> How do I access them?
- get HBA's (2x).. such as Emulex LPsomething
- put HBA in host
- load the drivers (from the EMC/OEM page of the HBA manufacturers website)
- connect HBA's to SPA and SPB (usually port 0)
- connect SPA and SPB to IP networking
(- configure IP addresses on SPA / SPB using serial cable if needed)
- load Navisphere software on host (agent)
- get Powerpath software on host (unlicensed will do for now)
- connect to Navisphere using a browser and IP configured on your SPA/B (you
need the password which was setup originally)
- configure storage to host by using Navishpere... e.g. create raid-groups,
luns, storage groups, add host ... ect...
- now you should see them on the host
and this is the short version, if you are a registered EMC customer you can
download setup and connectivity guides from the Powerlink website.....