EMC CX300 Drive Access - Storage

This is a discussion on EMC CX300 Drive Access - Storage ; I have an EMC CX300 from a user takeout. I need to wipe the drives. How do I access them?...

  1. EMC CX300 Drive Access

    I have an EMC CX300 from a user takeout. I need to wipe the drives.
    How do I access them?

  2. Re: EMC CX300 Drive Access

    > I have an EMC CX300 from a user takeout. I need to wipe the drives.
    > How do I access them?

    - get HBA's (2x).. such as Emulex LPsomething
    - put HBA in host
    - load the drivers (from the EMC/OEM page of the HBA manufacturers website)
    - connect HBA's to SPA and SPB (usually port 0)
    - connect SPA and SPB to IP networking
    (- configure IP addresses on SPA / SPB using serial cable if needed)
    - load Navisphere software on host (agent)
    - get Powerpath software on host (unlicensed will do for now)
    - connect to Navisphere using a browser and IP configured on your SPA/B (you
    need the password which was setup originally)
    - configure storage to host by using Navishpere... e.g. create raid-groups,
    luns, storage groups, add host ... ect...
    - now you should see them on the host

    and this is the short version, if you are a registered EMC customer you can
    download setup and connectivity guides from the Powerlink website.....

+ Reply to Thread