(used to be Internal) 2,5 pwd locked HD I want to use as an externalHD and I know the password! - Storage

This is a discussion on (used to be Internal) 2,5 pwd locked HD I want to use as an externalHD and I know the password! - Storage ; Hi, I bought a second hand T42 Ibm laptop and for some reasons (traveling...) I configured the bios with an admin and hd password on system booting. For some other reasons, the laptop is not working anymore and I would ...

  1. (used to be Internal) 2,5 pwd locked HD I want to use as an externalHD and I know the password!

    Hi,

    I bought a second hand T42 Ibm laptop and for some reasons
    (traveling...) I configured the bios with an admin and hd password on
    system booting.

    For some other reasons, the laptop is not working anymore and I would
    like to use its hd as a usb external drive.

    The thing is that what I have worked out is working for another 10gb
    hd but not for the ibm password locked one. The hd is not displayed
    along devices in the "Computer" window of XP. I went on trying with
    different computers.

    I know the password of the hd when it was working on the ibm.

    Can anyone help?

    Pascal

  2. Re: (used to be Internal) 2,5 pwd locked HD I want to use as an external HD and I know the password!

    bpascal360@gmail.com wrote in

    http://www.rockbox.org/lock.html

    > Pascal

  3. Re: (used to be Internal) 2,5 pwd locked HD I want to use as anexternal HD and I know the password!

    I'm going to try the Linux patch,

    thanks for the link,

    Cheers
    Pascal