Mini-disks and slot-loading CD drives - Storage

This is a discussion on Mini-disks and slot-loading CD drives - Storage ; Hi, I have recently bought a WiFi dongle. The package came with drivers on a mini-disk. I managed to read it in my G4 mirror-door. This set me thinking - could I read it on a slot-loading CD drive, like ...

  1. Mini-disks and slot-loading CD drives

    Hi,

    I have recently bought a WiFi dongle. The package came with drivers on a
    mini-disk. I managed to read it in my G4 mirror-door.

    This set me thinking - could I read it on a slot-loading CD drive, like
    my iBook? Somehow I doubt it, but decided not to test it - ever cautious
    me!

    --
    Thanks and regards, Shane.
    "A closed mouth gathers no feet!"

  2. Re: Mini-disks and slot-loading CD drives

    In article <1ibr4qv.1uqnxmo1nqukt0N%shane@wonk.demon.co.uk>, Shane
    Badham wrote:

    > I have recently bought a WiFi dongle. The package came with drivers on a
    > mini-disk. I managed to read it in my G4 mirror-door.
    >
    > This set me thinking - could I read it on a slot-loading CD drive, like
    > my iBook? Somehow I doubt it, but decided not to test it - ever cautious
    > me!

    it's not compatible and it'll likely get stuck. download a driver from
    their website. it's probably more recent anyway.

  3. Re: Mini-disks and slot-loading CD drives

    On 3/2/08 20:34, in article 1ibr4qv.1uqnxmo1nqukt0N%shane@wonk.demon.co.uk,
    "Shane Badham" wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I have recently bought a WiFi dongle. The package came with drivers on a
    > mini-disk. I managed to read it in my G4 mirror-door.
    >
    > This set me thinking - could I read it on a slot-loading CD drive, like
    > my iBook? Somehow I doubt it, but decided not to test it - ever cautious
    > me!

    The mini CD is not compatible, when they are inserted the drive has to be
    removed and the top unscrewed to get them out. The same with ECO DVD's, the
    thin ones given away with newspapers. They are too thin to eject.

+ Reply to Thread