STMS / MPxIO path count limitation Solaris_10 - Storage

This is a discussion on STMS / MPxIO path count limitation Solaris_10 - Storage ; Does anyone in the group know of any documented limitation regarding the manimum number of paths per device that can be managed by MPxIO. If a SAN storage controller failure occurs it might be that 8 of 16 paths to ...

  1. STMS / MPxIO path count limitation Solaris_10

    Does anyone in the group know of any documented limitation regarding
    the manimum number of paths per device that can be managed by MPxIO.

    If a SAN storage controller failure occurs it might be that 8 of 16
    paths to a device will fail. Is there any scenario where I/O retry
    count could be used up trying the failed paths causing I/O to be
    failed before even trying the surviving paths?

    Thanks...

  2. Re: STMS / MPxIO path count limitation Solaris_10

    SunSysAdmin@gmail.com wrote:

    > Does anyone in the group know of any documented limitation regarding
    > the manimum number of paths per device that can be managed by MPxIO.
    >

    > If a SAN storage controller failure occurs it might be that 8 of 16
    > paths to a device will fail. Is there any scenario where I/O retry
    > count could be used up trying the failed paths causing I/O to be
    > failed before even trying the surviving paths?

    mpxio just fails over to the good connection. Unless that one goes down,
    you won't have any problems, no matter how long one link is broken.

+ Reply to Thread