Need WD logic board!!! - Storage

This is a discussion on Need WD logic board!!! - Storage ; Hi All; My logic board went on my hard drive before my monthly backup. (Always works out that way.) Anyway wanted to pull some data off the drive before I scrap it and need a transplant. If you all are ...

  1. Need WD logic board!!!

    Hi All;

    My logic board went on my hard drive before my monthly backup. (Always
    works out that way.) Anyway wanted to pull some data off the drive
    before I scrap it and need a transplant. If you all are like me you
    have old drives lying around all over the place. It turns out locating
    this board is a little harder then I thought (went through my "to
    junk" pile at work 30+ HDs and only found ,1 but it was the wrong bios
    version.) I was hoping someone might be able to hook me up. This data
    isn't critical or anything so I'm not looking to drop a lot of $$ but
    will be willing to trade or pay shipping etc. if you have it. Here is
    the info:

    WD400 (RECERT)
    MDL:WD400-00DNA0
    DCM:HSCHCVJAA
    LOGIC BOARD IS : A "100 EB" (this # is the 3rd set from the left off
    the barcode on the board ((just to the left of the slave jumper))
    BIOS Ver. is: V7163 (this is found on the back side of the board)

    1 last think to note is that WD had 3 types of boards for these 40gig
    drives. 1st one looks like an "L" and the other 2 take up the top 1/2
    of the back of the drive (mine is this type) out of these 2 mine is
    the 1 with a notch in the board (top left side just under the screw
    and this notch corresponds with the side rail screw hole)

    It would be great if someone could help me out.
    Regards,

    Fatmann66

  2. Re: Need WD logic board!!!

    fatmann66 wrote:

    > Hi All;
    >
    > My logic board went on my hard drive before my monthly backup. (Always
    > works out that way.) Anyway wanted to pull some data off the drive
    > before I scrap it and need a transplant. If you all are like me you
    > have old drives lying around all over the place. It turns out locating
    > this board is a little harder then I thought (went through my "to
    > junk" pile at work 30+ HDs and only found ,1 but it was the wrong bios
    > version.) I was hoping someone might be able to hook me up. This data
    > isn't critical or anything so I'm not looking to drop a lot of $$ but
    > will be willing to trade or pay shipping etc. if you have it. Here is
    > the info:
    >
    > WD400 (RECERT)
    > MDL:WD400-00DNA0
    > DCM:HSCHCVJAA
    > LOGIC BOARD IS : A "100 EB" (this # is the 3rd set from the left off
    > the barcode on the board ((just to the left of the slave jumper))
    > BIOS Ver. is: V7163 (this is found on the back side of the board)
    >
    > 1 last think to note is that WD had 3 types of boards for these 40gig
    > drives. 1st one looks like an "L" and the other 2 take up the top 1/2
    > of the back of the drive (mine is this type) out of these 2 mine is
    > the 1 with a notch in the board (top left side just under the screw
    > and this notch corresponds with the side rail screw hole)
    >
    > It would be great if someone could help me out.
    > Regards,
    >
    > Fatmann66

    You will need to find a matching PCB which could well come from another
    drive.

    On the PCB, generally at the edge, is a number etched onto the board
    beginning 2060-xxxxxx.

    You need one of these.

    You need to desolder the ROM chip from your failed board and place it on
    the replacement board.

    Simply swapping PCBs is not going to help at all.

    Duncan
    --
    Retrodata
    www.retrodata.co.uk

  3. Re: Need WD logic board!!!

    thanks for the info. but i need to find a replacment board. I believe
    the chip is bad on my board. PCB # is 2060-001159-006
    redards,
    fatmann66

+ Reply to Thread