True Image won't work with SATA drives? - Storage

This is a discussion on True Image won't work with SATA drives? - Storage ; According to reviews on the Amazon site for True Image backup software, the software doesn't work correctly with SATA drives. Comments? Joe...

  1. True Image won't work with SATA drives?

    According to reviews on the Amazon site for True Image backup software, the
    software doesn't work correctly with SATA drives.

    Comments?

    Joe

  2. Re: True Image won't work with SATA drives?

    Joe wrote:

    > According to reviews on the Amazon site for True Image backup
    > software, the software doesn't work correctly with SATA drives.

    > Comments?

    Complete and utter drivel.

  3. Re: True Image won't work with SATA drives?

    Previously Joe wrote:
    > According to reviews on the Amazon site for True Image backup software, the
    > software doesn't work correctly with SATA drives.

    > Comments?

    Unlikely as this type of software does not go down to controller
    level.

    Arno

  4. Re: True Image won't work with SATA drives?

    Joe wrote:

    >According to reviews on the Amazon site for True Image backup software, the
    >software doesn't work correctly with SATA drives.
    >
    >Comments?

    Well, that would make it some quite "useful" software, wouldn't it.

  5. Re: True Image won't work with SATA drives?

    "Joe" wrote in message news:fOSjj.7815$U4.5761@trndny01...
    > According to reviews on the Amazon site for True Image backup software,
    > the software doesn't work correctly with SATA drives.
    >
    > Comments?
    >
    > Joe

    Joe,

    Don't tell my Seagate 250GB SATA drive, it doesn't know it isn't supposed to
    work w/ ATI .

    Kidding aside, I've had no troubles using ATI 10 and 11 with SATA drives.

    Jeff

  6. Re: True Image won't work with SATA drives?

    I clone from a SATA RAID0 to EIDE once per week, and it does an auto backup
    of my Outlook inbox once per day, which is on the same SATA RAID0 partition.

    "Joe" wrote in message news:fOSjj.7815$U4.5761@trndny01...
    > According to reviews on the Amazon site for True Image backup software,
    > the software doesn't work correctly with SATA drives.
    >
    > Comments?
    >
    > Joe

  7. Re: True Image won't work with SATA drives?

    On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 20:43:21 -0500, "Bob Davis"
    wrote:

    >I clone from a SATA RAID0 to EIDE once per week, and it does an auto backup
    >of my Outlook inbox once per day, which is on the same SATA RAID0 partition.
    >
    >"Joe" wrote in message news:fOSjj.7815$U4.5761@trndny01...
    >> According to reviews on the Amazon site for True Image backup software,
    >> the software doesn't work correctly with SATA drives.
    >>
    >> Comments?
    >>
    >> Joe

    Another vote for True Image working with SATA. No problems here.

  8. Re: True Image won't work with SATA drives?

    > According to reviews on the Amazon site for True Image backup software,
    > the software doesn't work correctly with SATA drives.

    Works fine with SATA drives just that you have to use the right version.
    Earlier versions didn't have the SATA drivers in there.

    TI is based upon Linux and therefore a new release is needed to keep up to
    date with new hardware drivers, esp. network cards. To be honest, they do a
    pretty good job all things considered.

    Rob.

  9. Re: True Image won't work with SATA drives?

    Previously Rob Nicholson wrote:
    >> According to reviews on the Amazon site for True Image backup software,
    >> the software doesn't work correctly with SATA drives.

    > Works fine with SATA drives just that you have to use the right version.
    > Earlier versions didn't have the SATA drivers in there.

    > TI is based upon Linux and therefore a new release is needed to keep up to
    > date with new hardware drivers, esp. network cards. To be honest, they do a
    > pretty good job all things considered.

    > Rob.

    That would explain things. Linux SATA support got a major
    rework some time ago. Today it works fine if you use a current
    kernel (2.6.22 or 2.6.23).

    Arno

+ Reply to Thread