HELP - Cannot read contents of pen drive - Storage

This is a discussion on HELP - Cannot read contents of pen drive - Storage ; The last time I used my USB pen drive I forgot to click on the "safely remove hardware" icon in the system tray. Now it is unreadable, in that when I click on the "removable drive" icon in "My Computer", ...

  1. HELP - Cannot read contents of pen drive

    The last time I used my USB pen drive I forgot to click on the "safely remove hardware"
    icon in the system tray.
    Now it is unreadable, in that when I click on the "removable drive" icon in "My Computer",
    it asks me to insert one.
    Is there a way to recover the data I have on it, as it is pretty valuable ?
    Please help.

    Thanks in advance,
    Mike

  2. Re: HELP - Cannot read contents of pen drive

    There are some softwares you might want to try, like this one:

    http://www.sharewareplaza.com/USB-dr...oad_37054.html

    but it's possible that you'll have to format your pendrive in order to get
    it working again...

    --Malu

    "Mike" wrote in message
    > The last time I used my USB pen drive I forgot to click on the "safely
    > remove hardware" icon in the system tray.
    > Now it is unreadable, in that when I click on the "removable drive" icon
    > in "My Computer", it asks me to insert one.
    > Is there a way to recover the data I have on it, as it is pretty valuable
    > ?
    > Please help.
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Mike