Vista and HDD - Storage

This is a discussion on Vista and HDD - Storage ; What is Vista doing accessing the HDD all the time? I thought maybe it was defragging in the background so turned off scheduled defrag and my HDD is still being accessed all the time. I like my PC to be ...

  1. Vista and HDD

    What is Vista doing accessing the HDD all the time? I thought maybe it was
    defragging in the background so turned off scheduled defrag and my HDD is
    still being accessed all the time. I like my PC to be as quiet as possible
    and the noise of the HDD being accessed all the time is pissing me off. If I
    turn off indexing will it stop it doing this or is it something else causing
    it?

  2. Re: Vista and HDD

    On Jan 11, 3:31*pm, "*^&%$$#*%!" wrote:
    > What is Vista doing accessing the HDD all the time? I thought maybe it was
    > defragging in the background so turned off scheduled defrag and my HDD is
    > still being accessed all the time. I like my PC to be as quiet as possible
    > and the noise of the HDD being accessed all the time is pissing me off. IfI
    > turn off indexing will it stop it doing this or is it something else causing
    > it?

    Do Ctrl Alt Del and select the task manager. See what tasks are
    running. Virus protection?

    Michael

+ Reply to Thread