Can I burn a bootable ISO on a CD+RW or only on a CD+R ? - Storage

This is a discussion on Can I burn a bootable ISO on a CD+RW or only on a CD+R ? - Storage ; Can I burn a bootable ISO on a CD+RW or only on a CD+R ? I read somewhere in the past that burning a bootable image on a re-writeable media cause often problems because the boot sector is NOT recognized ...

  1. Can I burn a bootable ISO on a CD+RW or only on a CD+R ?

    Can I burn a bootable ISO on a CD+RW or only on a CD+R ?

    I read somewhere in the past that burning a bootable image on a re-writeable media cause
    often problems because the boot sector is NOT recognized successfully.

    Is this true?

    Do I have to setup some special options when I use a +RW (or -RW) ?

    Les

  2. Re: Can I burn a bootable ISO on a CD+RW or only on a CD+R ?

    Leslie Brooks wrote:

    > Can I burn a bootable ISO on a CD+RW

    Yep, I've done that heaps of times.

    > or only on a CD+R ?

    Nope.

    > I read somewhere in the past that burning a bootable
    > image on a re-writeable media cause often problems
    > because the boot sector is NOT recognized successfully.

    > Is this true?

    Nope, the only problem I have ever had is that real old dinosaurs
    with ancient cdrom drives dont like CDRWs as much as CDRs so
    its not a great idea to put diagnostic stuff like Hiren's on CDRWs
    if you want to use them in dinosaurs that ancient.

    > Do I have to setup some special options when I use a +RW (or -RW) ?

    Nope, not when using decent modern burner software like Roxio EMC.

+ Reply to Thread