VDS API: IVdsDisk::GetIdentificationData on an unallocated disks. - Storage

This is a discussion on VDS API: IVdsDisk::GetIdentificationData on an unallocated disks. - Storage ; Hi, Someone knows if it is possible, in the VDS API, to cal the method IVdsDisk::GetIdentificationData on an an unallocated disks ? I tried this method on allocated disks, it works perfectly, I also tried the IVdsDisk::GetProperties method on unallocated ...

  1. VDS API: IVdsDisk::GetIdentificationData on an unallocated disks.

    Hi,

    Someone knows if it is possible, in the VDS API, to cal the method
    IVdsDisk::GetIdentificationData on an an unallocated disks ?

    I tried this method on allocated disks, it works perfectly, I also tried the
    IVdsDisk::GetProperties method on unallocated disks, it works.

    I need this method to get the serial number of each disk of a computer and
    so, at the moment, I can get only the ones of initialized disks.

    Hilaire Verschuere

  2. Re: VDS API: IVdsDisk::GetIdentificationData on an unallocated disks.

    On Dec 14 2007, 10:19*pm, Hilaire Verschuere Verschu...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Someone knows if it is possible, in the VDS API, to cal the method
    > IVdsDisk::GetIdentificationData on an an unallocated disks ?
    >
    > I tried this method on allocated disks, it works perfectly, I also tried the
    > IVdsDisk::GetProperties method on unallocated disks, it works.
    >
    > I need this method to get the serial number of each disk of a computer and
    > so, at the moment, I can get only the ones of initialized disks.
    >
    > Hilaire Verschuere

    we can try to get the IVdsLun interface for the disk (using
    QueryInterface) and then get the corresponding LUN

    properties. This is for LUNs on a external array.

+ Reply to Thread