Qlogic OFFLINE / ONLINE - Storage

This is a discussion on Qlogic OFFLINE / ONLINE - Storage ; I have a Sun Fire v480 server that just started spitting out NOTICEs about Qlogic qlc(0) Loop going OFFLINE then immediately back ONLINE. It's doing it about every couple hours. I realize I may have a faulty Gbic somewhere, but ...

  1. Qlogic OFFLINE / ONLINE

    I have a Sun Fire v480 server that just started spitting out NOTICEs
    about Qlogic qlc(0) Loop going OFFLINE then immediately back ONLINE.
    It's doing it about every couple hours.

    I realize I may have a faulty Gbic somewhere, but how can I verify if
    qlc(0) is the internal controllers for the dual SCSI disks or if it's
    the Qlogic IPS2200 add-in card.

    OS: Solaris 10 (11/06)
    Kernel: 125100-07

    luxadm -e port

    /devices/pci@9,600000/SUNW,qlc@2/fp@0,0:devctl CONNECTED
    /devices/pci@8,600000/pci@1/SUNW,qlc@4/fp@0,0:devctl NOT CONNECTED
    /devices/pci@8,600000/pci@1/SUNW,qlc@5/fp@0,0:devctl CONNECTED

    Is qlc(0) really /devices/pci@9,600000/SUNW,qlc@2/fp.... ? That
    would mean the internal controller would be going bad in the v480,
    right?

    Thanks, happy holidays.

    Chris

  2. Re: Qlogic OFFLINE / ONLINE

    Quote Originally Posted by usenet View Post
[...]

    The qlogic gbic IS the problem, change to other gbic, IBM make are good.

+ Reply to Thread