help finding bridge board to suit LaCie USB portable - Storage

This is a discussion on help finding bridge board to suit LaCie USB portable - Storage ; Hi All I think I'm gonna need a new bridge board for my La Cie F.A.Porsche 320Gb portable drive. haven't really messed around with drives before and someone else is retrieving the data for me, but he said the drive ...

  1. help finding bridge board to suit LaCie USB portable

    Hi All
    I think I'm gonna need a new bridge board for my La Cie F.A.Porsche
    320Gb portable drive.
    haven't really messed around with drives before and someone else is
    retrieving the data for me, but he said the drive itself (Maxtor i
    think) is fine.

    Prob is I don't know if this is likely to be SATA, eSATA, etc (or if
    there's any difference) and how to find a board to suit.

    an added complication is that the drive is powered by a separate cable
    from a European wall socket (240v) and I don't know whether this has
    to be taken into account for the bridge board or is power management
    separate and I need another board for that.

    Plus where can I start shopping for a bridge board???

    Any and all help and info is much appreciated!

  2. Re: help finding bridge board to suit LaCie USB portable

    In article <6bfa8501-2ac8-417e-b301-a1c7d38cdaab@s36g2000prg.googlegroups.com>,
    wolf99 wrote:

    >Plus where can I start shopping for a bridge board???

    Just look at the drive and see what interface it has. Empty USB
    enclosures for IDE/SATA drives are widely available. Install old drive in
    new enclosure, all done :-)

  3. Re: help finding bridge board to suit LaCie USB portable

    On Dec 5, 2:51 am, w...@panix.com (the wharf rat) wrote:
    > In article <6bfa8501-2ac8-417e-b301-a1c7d38cd...@s36g2000prg.googlegroups.com>,
    >
    > wolf99 wrote:
    >
    > >Plus where can I start shopping for a bridge board???

    > Just look at the drive and see what interface it has. Empty USB
    > enclosures for IDE/SATA drives are widely available. Install old drive in
    > new enclosure, all done :-)

    thanks wharf rat, I kinda had an inkling that boards where sold with
    enclosures, but wasn't sure, or sure to what extent. thanks for
    helping

+ Reply to Thread