JBOD - Any experts - is it a safe method ? - Storage

This is a discussion on JBOD - Any experts - is it a safe method ? - Storage ; I shall explain reading about :- http://www.case-mod.com/tagan-icybox...ck-p-3088.html apparently - one usb can detect 2 distinct hard drives using JBOD "Aluminium case with JBOD function (PC detect two drives at one USB cable)" any comments on this method or this unit ...

  1. JBOD - Any experts - is it a safe method ?

    I shall explain

    reading about :-

    http://www.case-mod.com/tagan-icybox...ck-p-3088.html

    apparently - one usb can detect 2 distinct hard drives using JBOD

    "Aluminium case with JBOD function (PC detect two drives at one USB cable)"

    any comments on this method or this unit ?

    thanks

  2. Re: JBOD - Any experts - is it a safe method ?

    Previously ocotber wrote:

    > I shall explain

    > reading about :-

    > http://www.case-mod.com/tagan-icybox...ck-p-3088.html

    > apparently - one usb can detect 2 distinct hard drives using JBOD

    > "Aluminium case with JBOD function (PC detect two drives at one USB cable)"

    > any comments on this method or this unit ?

    > thanks

    Propaply the same logically as what you would get using an USB
    hub and two enclosures. I don't see any specific problems.
    Nice if you want to put a software RAID1 on it, although USB
    is a bit slow for that.

    Arno

  3. Re: JBOD - Any experts - is it a safe method ?

    USB can support multiple devices. Windows prior to XP may not support both.

    "ocotber" wrote in message news:KD%Ui.7253$Mg.6373@fe091.usenetserver.com...

    > http://www.case-mod.com/tagan-icybox...ck-p-3088.html
    >
    > apparently - one usb can detect 2 distinct hard drives using JBOD
    >
    > "Aluminium case with JBOD function (PC detect two drives at one USB cable)"
    >
    > any comments on this method or this unit ?

  4. Re: JBOD - Any experts - is it a safe method ?

    good point arno - logicaly similar as you say

    i thought it might be some "new fangled" tech

    "Arno Wagner" wrote in message
    Previously ocotber wrote:

    > I shall explain

    > reading about :-

    > http://www.case-mod.com/tagan-icybox...ck-p-3088.html

    > apparently - one usb can detect 2 distinct hard drives using JBOD

    > "Aluminium case with JBOD function (PC detect two drives at one USB
    > cable)"

    > any comments on this method or this unit ?

    > thanks

    Propaply the same logically as what you would get using an USB
    hub and two enclosures. I don't see any specific problems.
    Nice if you want to put a software RAID1 on it, although USB
    is a bit slow for that.

    Arno

  5. Re: JBOD - Any experts - is it a safe method ?

    Previously ocotber wrote:

    > good point arno - logicaly similar as you say

    > i thought it might be some "new fangled" tech

    There are very few new things under the sun, even if
    marketing tries to make us believe otherwise...

    Othe instance of this: Ever wondered why you can get
    7 port USB 2.0 hubs? Because these are
    actually two 4 port hubs that are chained.

    Arno

+ Reply to Thread