INT13/02h Read error (AX=0100, DL=80) trying xp installation in SATA - Storage

This is a discussion on INT13/02h Read error (AX=0100, DL=80) trying xp installation in SATA - Storage ; Hi, i have a NS7-S rev.1.5 with the last bios update. I am trying to install a new hard drive (my first sata hd) Samsung HD501LJ 500GB, the hd works fine when i made the partitions (the first is of ...

  1. INT13/02h Read error (AX=0100, DL=80) trying xp installation in SATA

    Hi, i have a NS7-S rev.1.5 with the last bios update.
    I am trying to install a new hard drive (my first sata hd) Samsung HD501LJ
    500GB, the hd works fine when i made the partitions (the first is of 126
    Gb) and the format (i made it with my master ide hd and i can use the hd
    like a slave without problems).

    The problem begins when i try to install the XP SP2 in the sata, i want
    that this hd work alone. I disconnect my master ide with the xp, and begin
    to install the xp in this sata.
    I use the sata drivers disk pressing F6, all works and the xp begin to
    install in the hd, but when the system makes the first reboot for continue
    the install, it gives me this error INT13/02h Read error (AX=0100, DL=
    80) and i can't continue, please i need your help any one can give me a
    solution?

    TIA.

  2. Re: INT13/02h Read error (AX=0100, DL=80) trying xp installation in SATA

    Kermit wrote in news:Xns99D380CBFC267Kermit@204.153.245.20
    > Hi, i have a NS7-S rev.1.5 with the last bios update.
    > I am trying to install a new hard drive (my first sata hd) Samsung HD501LJ
    > 500GB, the hd works fine when i made the partitions (the first is of 126
    > Gb) and the format (i made it with my master ide hd and i can use the hd
    > like a slave without problems).
    >
    > The problem begins when i try to install the XP SP2 in the sata, i want
    > that this hd work alone. I disconnect my master ide with the xp, and begin
    > to install the xp in this sata.
    > I use the sata drivers disk pressing F6, all works and the xp begin to
    > install in the hd, but when the system makes the first reboot for continue
    > the install, it gives me this error INT13/02h Read error (AX=0100, DL=
    > 80) and i can't continue, please i need your help any one can give me a
    > solution?

    Did you fill it with more than 8GB of data before you installed XP on it?

    > TIA.

  3. Re: INT13/02h Read error (AX=0100, DL=80) trying xp installation in SATA

    > Did you fill it with more than 8GB of data before you installed XP on
    > it?
    >

    >> TIA.

    No, the hd is empty.

  4. Re: INT13/02h Read error (AX=0100, DL=80) trying xp installation in SATA

    Kermit wrote in news:Xns99D49BC9B7C4EKermit@204.153.245.20
    > > Did you fill it with more than 8GB of data before you installed XP on it?
    > >

    > > > TIA.

    > No, the hd is empty.

    Weird. Only other things I can think of is a bad sector or accessing a CHS
    sector address that is outside the CHS mapping recorded in the bootsector.

  5. Re: INT13/02h Read error (AX=0100, DL=80) trying xp installation in SATA

    Kermit wrote:

    > Hi, i have a NS7-S rev.1.5 with the last bios update.
    > I am trying to install a new hard drive (my first sata hd) Samsung HD501LJ
    > 500GB, the hd works fine when i made the partitions (the first is of 126
    > Gb) and the format (i made it with my master ide hd and i can use the hd
    > like a slave without problems).
    >
    > The problem begins when i try to install the XP SP2 in the sata, i want
    > that this hd work alone. I disconnect my master ide with the xp, and begin
    > to install the xp in this sata.
    > I use the sata drivers disk pressing F6, all works and the xp begin to
    > install in the hd, but when the system makes the first reboot for continue
    > the install, it gives me this error INT13/02h Read error (AX=0100, DL=
    > 80) and i can't continue, please i need your help any one can give me a
    > solution?
    >
    > TIA.

    You might want to try running the Samsung utility to choke the drive to
    1.5GB/sec (SATA I) as this Samsung, the best drive on the planet at the
    moment in my opinion, does have issues with a large number of
    controllers due to its interpretation of SATA II.

    If you cannot find the utility, email me via the website and I'll email
    it to you.

    Duncan Clarke
    --
    Retrodata