Mirror Raid with 10K and a 15K SCSI? - Storage

This is a discussion on Mirror Raid with 10K and a 15K SCSI? - Storage ; I asked the computer guy for this company to go ahead and buy another SCSI HD for their dell, so I could set it up as a mirror. I got the right size, but the old one is a 10,000RPM ...

  1. Mirror Raid with 10K and a 15K SCSI?

    I asked the computer guy for this company to go ahead and buy another
    SCSI HD for their dell, so I could set it up as a mirror. I got the
    right size, but the old one is a 10,000RPM Seagate, and the new one is
    a Fijutsu 15,000RPM. Will this work?

    Thanks

  2. Re: Mirror Raid with 10K and a 15K SCSI?

    Previously sparky wrote:
    > I asked the computer guy for this company to go ahead and buy another
    > SCSI HD for their dell, so I could set it up as a mirror. I got the
    > right size, but the old one is a 10,000RPM Seagate, and the new one is
    > a Fijutsu 15,000RPM. Will this work?

    If it is large enough, why should it not?

    Arno

  3. Re: Mirror Raid with 10K and a 15K SCSI?

    Arno Wagner wrote in news:5o7kudFlbkimU3@mid.individual.net
    > Previously sparky wrote:
    > > I asked the computer guy for this company to go ahead and buy another
    > > SCSI HD for their dell, so I could set it up as a mirror. I got the
    > > right size, but the old one is a 10,000RPM Seagate, and the new one is
    > > a Fijutsu 15,000RPM. Will this work?

    > If it is large enough, why should it not?

    Is that a yes or a no, babblebot?

    > Arno

+ Reply to Thread