Zip files over 2.5 gb - Storage

This is a discussion on Zip files over 2.5 gb - Storage ; Hello. I have problems using pkzip25 to zip and unzip with .zip files over 2.5 gb. Is there any workaround ? Richard...

  1. Zip files over 2.5 gb

    Hello.

    I have problems using pkzip25 to zip and unzip with .zip files over
    2.5 gb.

    Is there any workaround ?

    Richard

  2. Re: Zip files over 2.5 gb

    > Is there any workaround ?

    Use WinRAR or a later version of WinZIP which increases the limits.

    Rob.

  3. Re: Zip files over 2.5 gb

    On 22 Okt, 12:25, "Rob Nicholson" direct.com> wrote:
    > > Is there any workaround ?

    > Use WinRAR or a later version of WinZIP which increases the limits.
    >
    > Rob.

    Thank you for tip...

    But do you know of any dos-command programs that will work with this ?

    Richard

  4. Re: Zip files over 2.5 gb

    > But do you know of any dos-command programs that will work with this ?

    winrar can be used from the command line.

    Cheers, Rob.

  5. Re: Zip files over 2.5 gb

    On 22 Okt, 16:36, "Rob Nicholson" direct.com> wrote:
    > > But do you know of any dos-command programs that will work with this ?

    > winrar can be used from the command line.
    >
    > Cheers, Rob.

    Maybe i'm slow, but what should be the syntax for making a .rar file
    in this ?
    - c:\test\test

    i need to make a rar file that zips the c:\test and all catalogues
    under, and offers password protection.
    I downloaded the latest rar-version (3.71)

    Richard

  6. Re: Zip files over 2.5 gb

    On Oct 23, 5:02 am, joenva...@hotmail.com wrote:
    > On 22 Okt, 16:36, "Rob Nicholson" >
    > direct.com> wrote:
    > > > But do you know of any dos-command programs that will work with this ?

    > > winrar can be used from the command line.

    > > Cheers, Rob.

    > Maybe i'm slow, but what should be the syntax for making a .rar file
    > in this ?
    > - c:\test\test
    >
    > i need to make a rar file that zips the c:\test and all catalogues
    > under, and offers password protection.
    > I downloaded the latest rar-version (3.71)
    >
    > Richard

    I don't know about it's file size limitation, but I only use 7-zip.
    opensource, and better compression than winrar. Very good command-
    line as well

  7. Re: Zip files over 2.5 gb

    > I don't know about it's file size limitation, but I only use 7-zip.
    > opensource, and better compression than winrar. Very good command-
    > line as well

    I looked at 7-zip over a year ago and it was a little took buggy and new to
    be considered for production use. Has this changed now?

    Cheers, Rob.

  8. Re: Zip files over 2.5 gb

    In article ,
    rob.nicholson@nospam_informed-direct.com says...
    > > I don't know about it's file size limitation, but I only use 7-zip.
    > > opensource, and better compression than winrar. Very good command-
    > > line as well

    > I looked at 7-zip over a year ago and it was a little took buggy and new to
    > be considered for production use. Has this changed now?
    >
    > Cheers, Rob.

    Hi,

    I use it on all my PCs since version 4.42 and it's stable. I don't
    create archive using other format anymore. The command line program is
    good too though I haven't try AES encryption with it.

    Cheers.

    --
    http://ardennes.free.fr

+ Reply to Thread