I bought this Seagate ST336753LC marked E server P series new.(scsi)
It will work in my super micro server however it takes several minutes
for the system to boot when this drive is in.
Once it boots it will work just fine.
I'm sure this is caused by the IBM firmware add on.
I also read that there was a firmware updtate on this drive but have
not been able to locate it.
I also thought about reflashing it with the original firmware however
seagate would not provide it.
Has any one had any experiance with this drive and the problem
associated with using an IBM drive in a non IBM server.
Does any one know of a drive firmware editing utility?

Regards
Wayne LaSalle