Freeware windows program to stop hard disk ? - Storage

This is a discussion on Freeware windows program to stop hard disk ? - Storage ; Hi, I've seen recently a description of a windows freeware (an early beta IIRC) that was able to put hard disks in sleep mode. But I don't remember where nor its name... (Yeah, maybe I'm becoming old) (And yes, I'm ...

  1. Freeware windows program to stop hard disk ?

    Hi,

    I've seen recently a description of a windows freeware (an early beta
    IIRC) that was able to put hard disks in sleep mode.

    But I don't remember where nor its name...
    (Yeah, maybe I'm becoming old)
    (And yes, I'm trying to find it using search engines, without luck yet)

    A link would be appreciated.

    TIA.
    --
    IM# DeepAnger@jabber.dk

  2. Re: Freeware windows program to stop hard disk ?

    Paul Atreides wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I've seen recently a description of a windows freeware (an early beta
    > IIRC) that was able to put hard disks in sleep mode.
    >
    > But I don't remember where nor its name...
    > (Yeah, maybe I'm becoming old)
    > (And yes, I'm trying to find it using search engines, without luck yet)
    >
    > A link would be appreciated.
    >
    > TIA.

    Hello, Paul:

    This may be what you're referring to:

    revoSleep

    Good luck!

    Cordially,
    John Turco

  3. Re: Freeware windows program to stop hard disk ?

    In article <471D7445.55448DEC@concentric.net>, jtur@concentric.net
    says...
    [cut]
    > Hello, Paul: