HP proliant dl100 storage server - Storage

This is a discussion on HP proliant dl100 storage server - Storage ; Our proliant dl100 got sp2 installed to win2k3 appliance edition, and now it wont work. This is a known fact for hp support, but they cannot provide me a solution to get it removed. They can just tell me what ...

  1. HP proliant dl100 storage server

    Our proliant dl100 got sp2 installed to win2k3 appliance edition, and
    now it wont work.
    This is a known fact for hp support, but they cannot provide me a
    solution to get it removed.
    They can just tell me what i should have done prior to installing.
    Problem is that w2k3 boots, but then you get an error saying violation
    to license agreement blabal, you will get a blue screen in 1 min. And
    yes i did...
    So i thought ok... lets boot safe mode and uninstall sp2. It started,
    but after a while it just rebooted an came with an error it couldnt
    find any system disk. I pushed power button, and restarted again. This
    time it worked, and i could boot safemode. But after about 5 mins it
    rebooted again, and the same thin happened. So i thought maybe i could
    get it uninstalled before 5 mins if i where quick. (tried disableling
    services and stuff before this step)
    But no, it removed most files, but not all. So now i got a corrupted
    files aswell, and it wont boot to safe mode either .
    SO i thought i have to do a quick restore then. Booted up restore DVD
    with attached usb DVD-rom, and managed to get into the menu, but when
    i choose q for quickrestore, i get an error it cant find a supported
    sata controller.
    And if i try repair with w2k3 cd it also need sata\raid drivers to
    find any HDs (the f6 option). And i cant find anywhere to download
    theese drivers.
    Trying http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/fi...oad/27543.html
    atm slipstreamed to a w2k3 (no sp) cd ( as there is no floppy on it
    either)
    Dont really think it will work since the server i got is not listed,
    but hopefully :P
    Any suggestion on other things to try is appriciated.
    Sorry about any bad english, but im in a hurry to get this fixed.

  2. RE: HP proliant dl100 storage server

    Hi,

    About the SP2 issue HP has provide a resolution:
    URL
    http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...ctID=c00616839

    RESOLUTION
    Customers SHOULD NOT install Windows Server 2003 Service Pack (SP1 or SP2)
    on impacted products that do not have any Windows Server 2003 Service Pack
    installed until they install either one of the following:

    HP ProLiant Storage Server Service Release (version 6.4 or later).
    http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/fi...oad/26892.html

    HP ProLiant Storage Server (NAS) Installer Kit for Microsoft Windows Server
    2003 Service Pack 2:
    http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/fi...oad/26769.html

    Hope it can help!

    Thanks,
    Randal

    "palnesse@gmail.com" wrote:

    > Our proliant dl100 got sp2 installed to win2k3 appliance edition, and
    > now it wont work.
    > This is a known fact for hp support, but they cannot provide me a
    > solution to get it removed.
    > They can just tell me what i should have done prior to installing.
    > Problem is that w2k3 boots, but then you get an error saying violation
    > to license agreement blabal, you will get a blue screen in 1 min. And
    > yes i did...
    > So i thought ok... lets boot safe mode and uninstall sp2. It started,
    > but after a while it just rebooted an came with an error it couldnt
    > find any system disk. I pushed power button, and restarted again. This
    > time it worked, and i could boot safemode. But after about 5 mins it
    > rebooted again, and the same thin happened. So i thought maybe i could
    > get it uninstalled before 5 mins if i where quick. (tried disableling
    > services and stuff before this step)
    > But no, it removed most files, but not all. So now i got a corrupted
    > files aswell, and it wont boot to safe mode either .
    > SO i thought i have to do a quick restore then. Booted up restore DVD
    > with attached usb DVD-rom, and managed to get into the menu, but when
    > i choose q for quickrestore, i get an error it cant find a supported
    > sata controller.
    > And if i try repair with w2k3 cd it also need sata\raid drivers to
    > find any HDs (the f6 option). And i cant find anywhere to download
    > theese drivers.
    > Trying http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/fi...oad/27543.html
    > atm slipstreamed to a w2k3 (no sp) cd ( as there is no floppy on it
    > either)
    > Dont really think it will work since the server i got is not listed,
    > but hopefully :P
    > Any suggestion on other things to try is appriciated.
    > Sorry about any bad english, but im in a hurry to get this fixed.

  3. RE: HP proliant dl100 storage server

    Hi,

    More info. about the SP2 issue:
    URL http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/fi...oad/26767.html

    Prerequisites
    Customers with HP ProLiant Storage Server or HP StorageWorks NAS products
    using Windows Storage Server 2003 without any Windows Server 2003 Service
    Pack installed SHOULD NOT install Windows Server 2003 SP2 until they install
    the "HP Storage Server Installer Kit for Microsoft Windows Server 2003
    Service Pack 2".

    Click the following link to obtain HP Storage Server Installer Kit for
    Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 from the HP download site.
    >> Obtain software

    Note: Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 is not included with the
    HP Storage Server Installer Kit for Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Service
    Pack 2 and should be obtained separately from Microsoft.

    Hope it can help!

    Thanks,
    Randal

    "Randal Law" wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > About the SP2 issue HP has provide a resolution:
    > URL
    > http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...ctID=c00616839
    >
    > RESOLUTION
    > Customers SHOULD NOT install Windows Server 2003 Service Pack (SP1 or SP2)
    > on impacted products that do not have any Windows Server 2003 Service Pack
    > installed until they install either one of the following:
    >
    > HP ProLiant Storage Server Service Release (version 6.4 or later).
    > http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/fi...oad/26892.html
    >
    > HP ProLiant Storage Server (NAS) Installer Kit for Microsoft Windows Server
    > 2003 Service Pack 2:
    > http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/fi...oad/26769.html
    >
    > Hope it can help!
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Randal
    >
    > "palnesse@gmail.com" wrote:
    >
    > > Our proliant dl100 got sp2 installed to win2k3 appliance edition, and
    > > now it wont work.
    > > This is a known fact for hp support, but they cannot provide me a
    > > solution to get it removed.
    > > They can just tell me what i should have done prior to installing.
    > > Problem is that w2k3 boots, but then you get an error saying violation
    > > to license agreement blabal, you will get a blue screen in 1 min. And
    > > yes i did...
    > > So i thought ok... lets boot safe mode and uninstall sp2. It started,
    > > but after a while it just rebooted an came with an error it couldnt
    > > find any system disk. I pushed power button, and restarted again. This
    > > time it worked, and i could boot safemode. But after about 5 mins it
    > > rebooted again, and the same thin happened. So i thought maybe i could
    > > get it uninstalled before 5 mins if i where quick. (tried disableling
    > > services and stuff before this step)
    > > But no, it removed most files, but not all. So now i got a corrupted
    > > files aswell, and it wont boot to safe mode either .
    > > SO i thought i have to do a quick restore then. Booted up restore DVD
    > > with attached usb DVD-rom, and managed to get into the menu, but when
    > > i choose q for quickrestore, i get an error it cant find a supported
    > > sata controller.
    > > And if i try repair with w2k3 cd it also need sata\raid drivers to
    > > find any HDs (the f6 option). And i cant find anywhere to download
    > > theese drivers.
    > > Trying http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/fi...oad/27543.html
    > > atm slipstreamed to a w2k3 (no sp) cd ( as there is no floppy on it
    > > either)
    > > Dont really think it will work since the server i got is not listed,
    > > but hopefully :P
    > > Any suggestion on other things to try is appriciated.
    > > Sorry about any bad english, but im in a hurry to get this fixed.

  4. RE: HP proliant dl100 storage server

    Hi,

    One more, may be you can try out this driver as well:
    http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/fi...reg_R1002_USEN

    Thanks,
    Randal

+ Reply to Thread