SQLIO for NAS validation? - Storage

This is a discussion on SQLIO for NAS validation? - Storage ; Hello, I need to validate NAS storage based Win2k3 R2 for DV video render and playback , the first tool I tackled is SQLIO. My question is it the right tool for testing epically from remote location client to \\unc ...

  1. SQLIO for NAS validation?

    Hello,

    I need to validate NAS storage based Win2k3 R2 for DV video render and
    playback , the first tool I tackled is SQLIO.
    My question is it the right tool for testing epically from remote location
    client to \\unc path?.
    I would be glad to have more suggestion and tools to be able to validate
    server benchmark throughput.

    Thanks in advanced.

  2. Re: SQLIO for NAS validation?

    "Tal Bar-Or" wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I need to validate NAS storage based Win2k3 R2 for DV video render and
    > playback , the first tool I tackled is SQLIO.
    > My question is it the right tool for testing epically from remote location
    > client to \\unc path?.
    > I would be glad to have more suggestion and tools to be able to validate
    > server benchmark throughput.
    >
    > Thanks in advanced.

    No, I would suggest DataMover.

    http://www.moojit.net/Networking/dow...OVERFORWINDOWS

    Moojit

  3. Re: SQLIO for NAS validation?

    Hi,
    does IOZONE from www.iozone.org is good utility for that use?

    "moojit" wrote in message

    > "Tal Bar-Or" wrote in message
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> I need to validate NAS storage based Win2k3 R2 for DV video render and
    >> playback , the first tool I tackled is SQLIO.
    >> My question is it the right tool for testing epically from remote
    >> location client to \\unc path?.
    >> I would be glad to have more suggestion and tools to be able to validate
    >> server benchmark throughput.
    >>
    >> Thanks in advanced.
    >>

    > No, I would suggest DataMover.
    >
    > http://www.moojit.net/Networking/dow...OVERFORWINDOWS
    >
    > Moojit

  4. Re: SQLIO for NAS validation?

    "Tal Bar-Or" wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > does IOZONE from www.iozone.org is good utility for that use?

    DataMover has automated performance test that will report throughput and
    IOPS for transfer sizes from 512B to 4MB in READ, WRITE and READ/WRITE
    directions.

    Moojit

    > "moojit" wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Tal Bar-Or" wrote in message
    >>> Hello,
    >>>
    >>> I need to validate NAS storage based Win2k3 R2 for DV video render and
    >>> playback , the first tool I tackled is SQLIO.
    >>> My question is it the right tool for testing epically from remote
    >>> location client to \\unc path?.
    >>> I would be glad to have more suggestion and tools to be able to validate
    >>> server benchmark throughput.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks in advanced.
    >>>

    >> No, I would suggest DataMover.
    >>
    >> http://www.moojit.net/Networking/dow...OVERFORWINDOWS