How to Align existing Partition - Storage

This is a discussion on How to Align existing Partition - Storage ; Hello: May I know is it possible to Align existing Partition? Thanks!...

  1. How to Align existing Partition

    Hello:

    May I know is it possible to Align existing Partition?

    Thanks!

  2. Re: How to Align existing Partition

    Alignment is set when the partition is created, so you cannot align a
    partition that has already been created.

    You would need to backup existing data, destroy the existing partition,
    create a new aligned partition and then restore your data to the disk.

    Regards,
    John

    Visit my blog: http://msmvps.com/blogs/jtoner

    "Blue Fish" wrote in message
    > Hello:
    >
    > May I know is it possible to Align existing Partition?
    >
    > Thanks!

  3. Re: How to Align existing Partition

    Got it, Thx a lot!

    John Toner [MVP] wrote:
    > Alignment is set when the partition is created, so you cannot align a
    > partition that has already been created.
    >
    > You would need to backup existing data, destroy the existing partition,
    > create a new aligned partition and then restore your data to the disk.
    >
    > Regards,
    > John

+ Reply to Thread