iscsicli ping command don't work. - Storage

This is a discussion on iscsicli ping command don't work. - Storage ; I installed Microsoft initiator 2.03.The command iscsicli ping Name> doesn't work.It said "Not enough storage is available to process this command".I use the same command to test HP DL360(BCM NIC).it's ok.I guess ms software initiator has bugs,right? spark...

  1. iscsicli ping command don't work.

    I installed Microsoft initiator 2.03.The command iscsicli ping Name>
    doesn't work.It said "Not enough

    storage is available to process this command".I use the same command to
    test HP DL360(BCM NIC).it's ok.I guess ms software

    initiator has bugs,right?

    spark

  2. Re: iscsicli ping command don't work.

    Need to try this using 2.05 before we start thinking 'bug'

    --
    Chuck Timon, Jr.
    Microsoft Corporation
    "spark" wrote in message
    >I installed Microsoft initiator 2.03.The command iscsicli ping >Name>
    doesn't work.It said "Not enough

    > storage is available to process this command".I use the same command to
    > test HP DL360(BCM NIC).it's ok.I guess ms software
    >
    > initiator has bugs,right?
    >

    > spark

  3. Re: iscsicli ping command don't work.

    Thanks for your reply.
    I use a iscsi HBA (NOT multifunction device) to process the iscsicli ping
    command.I got "Not enough storage is available to process this command".
    The iscsi HBA has realized the required iSCSI WMI.
    The possible reason may be the iscsi HBA don't has network interface, right?
    Could you tell me the detailed process of the iscsicli ping command?

    thanks
    spark

    "Chuck [MSFT]"
    ??????:uIIDwte%23HHA.1208@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
    > Need to try this using 2.05 before we start thinking 'bug'
    >
    > --
    > Chuck Timon, Jr.
    > Microsoft Corporation
    > Windows Server 2008 Readiness Team
    > This posting is provided 'AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
    > rights.
    > "spark" wrote in message
    >>I installed Microsoft initiator 2.03.The command iscsicli ping >>Name>
    doesn't work.It said "Not enough

    >> storage is available to process this command".I use the same command to
    >> test HP DL360(BCM NIC).it's ok.I guess ms software
    >>
    >> initiator has bugs,right?
    >>

    >> spark

  4. Re: iscsicli ping command don't work.

    did you try Chucks suggestion ?

    let us know if you get the same results

    rgds
    Edwin.

    "spark" wrote in message
    > Thanks for your reply.
    > I use a iscsi HBA (NOT multifunction device) to process the iscsicli ping
    > command.I got "Not enough storage is available to process this command".
    > The iscsi HBA has realized the required iSCSI WMI.
    > The possible reason may be the iscsi HBA don't has network interface,

    right?
    > Could you tell me the detailed process of the iscsicli ping command?
    >

    > thanks
    > spark
    >
    > "Chuck [MSFT]"
    > ??????:uIIDwte%23HHA.1208@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
    > > Need to try this using 2.05 before we start thinking 'bug'
    > >
    > > --
    > > Chuck Timon, Jr.
    > > Microsoft Corporation
    > > Windows Server 2008 Readiness Team
    > > This posting is provided 'AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
    > > rights.
    > > "spark" wrote in message
    > >>I installed Microsoft initiator 2.03.The command iscsicli ping

    > >>Name>
    doesn't work.It said "Not enough

    > >> storage is available to process this command".I use the same command

    > >> test HP DL360(BCM NIC).it's ok.I guess ms software
    > >>
    > >> initiator has bugs,right?
    > >>

    > >> spark

  5. Re: iscsicli ping command don't work.

    Hi Edwin,
    Yes,I tried the MS initiator 2.05.It said"...use windows ping.... The
    request is not supported." used with MS software initiator. I got "Not
    enough storage is available to process this command" used with the
    third-party iscsi HBA.

    thanks
    spark

    "Edwin vMierlo [MVP]" 写入消息新闻:%23KXBQE3%23HHA.4656@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx .gbl...
    > did you try Chucks suggestion ?
    >
    > let us know if you get the same results
    >
    > rgds
    > Edwin.
    >

    > "spark" wrote in message
    >> Thanks for your reply.
    >> I use a iscsi HBA (NOT multifunction device) to process the iscsicli ping
    >> command.I got "Not enough storage is available to process this
    >> command".
    >> The iscsi HBA has realized the required iSCSI WMI.
    >> The possible reason may be the iscsi HBA don't has network interface,

    > right?
    >> Could you tell me the detailed process of the iscsicli ping command?
    >>

    >> thanks
    >> spark
    >>
    >> "Chuck [MSFT]"
    >> ??????:uIIDwte%23HHA.1208@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
    >> > Need to try this using 2.05 before we start thinking 'bug'
    >> >
    >> > --
    >> > Chuck Timon, Jr.
    >> > Microsoft Corporation
    >> > Windows Server 2008 Readiness Team
    >> > This posting is provided 'AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
    >> > rights.
    >> > "spark" wrote in message

    doesn't work.It said "Not enough

  6. Re: iscsicli ping command don't work.

    In many cases the message "Not enough storage is available to process" is
    actually a symptom that you could be low on memory.

    And/Or you might have to increase the value of "IRPStackSize" (see
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/285089 )

+ Reply to Thread