NFS troubleshooting Storage Server 2003 R2 - Storage

This is a discussion on NFS troubleshooting Storage Server 2003 R2 - Storage ; Can anyone point me to some NFS troubleshooting resources? Sometimes it works great. Sometimes it just stinks. Typical problems include: - Server slows to a near halt when writing large NFS file. - NFS writes by one client fail with ...

  1. NFS troubleshooting Storage Server 2003 R2

    Can anyone point me to some NFS troubleshooting resources?
    Sometimes it works great. Sometimes it just stinks.

    Typical problems include:

    - Server slows to a near halt when writing large NFS file.
    - NFS writes by one client fail with "User mapping error" in the
    server event log when another client is busy rsync-ing to NFS.
    - Mounts sometimes take a long time.

    Thanks,

    Jeff

  2. RE: NFS troubleshooting Storage Server 2003 R2

    Hi Jeff,

    This is a Performance Tuning Guidelines for Microsoft Services for Network
    File System.
    URL http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...3205.aspx#EFAA

    Hope it can help!

    Thanks,
    Randal

    "Jeff" wrote:

    > Can anyone point me to some NFS troubleshooting resources?
    > Sometimes it works great. Sometimes it just stinks.
    >
    > Typical problems include:
    >
    > - Server slows to a near halt when writing large NFS file.
    > - NFS writes by one client fail with "User mapping error" in the
    > server event log when another client is busy rsync-ing to NFS.
    > - Mounts sometimes take a long time.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Jeff

+ Reply to Thread