Help with iSCSI/MPIO - Storage

This is a discussion on Help with iSCSI/MPIO - Storage ; We're planning on implementing an iSCSI SAN in the next couple of months, and I've been reading up on iSCSI and MPIO. My initial plan would be to have a standard Gb NIC connected to the public network, and a ...

  1. Help with iSCSI/MPIO

    We're planning on implementing an iSCSI SAN in the next couple of months,
    and I've been reading up on iSCSI and MPIO. My initial plan would be to have
    a standard Gb NIC connected to the public network, and a QLogic QLA4052C
    connected to a private net where the iSCSI SAN resides. Using the latest
    iSCSI initiator, would I be able to configure MPIO across the dual Gb ports
    on the QLA4052C to multiple switches, and get MPIO benefits this would
    bring. I'm really looking for recommendations and best practises.

    Any pointers?

  2. Re: Help with iSCSI/MPIO

    I hope you are implementing this on Windows 2003. I had constant stability
    issues with MPIO using iSCSI across various devices (Qlogic cards, GB Nics
    of varying types, onboard or pci card) on several 2000 servers. None of
    those problems on 2003 servers. The fix for 2000 (multiple servers this
    happened to) was to remove MPIO from the iSCSI configuration.

    "tman" wrote in message
    > We're planning on implementing an iSCSI SAN in the next couple of months,
    > and I've been reading up on iSCSI and MPIO. My initial plan would be to
    > have a standard Gb NIC connected to the public network, and a QLogic
    > QLA4052C connected to a private net where the iSCSI SAN resides. Using the
    > latest iSCSI initiator, would I be able to configure MPIO across the dual
    > Gb ports on the QLA4052C to multiple switches, and get MPIO benefits this
    > would bring. I'm really looking for recommendations and best practises.
    >
    > Any pointers?

+ Reply to Thread