Hi all,

I am using iSCSI HBA on Windows 2000 SP4 (with Rollup update1). I want to
use MPIO feature of iScsi Initiator services but unable to do so. I can
login to target and see the Luns in the Device Manager but mpdev does not
seem to claim these Luns. According to Microsoft iSCSI Software Initiator
User's Guide 2.x, For an HBA to work properly with Microsoft MPIO,
HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\hbadevicedr iver\Parameters\BusType
key should be set to BusTypeiScsi(0x09) so that the Microsoft iSCSI DSM can
claim the device. I do see this registry key set but it seems SCSIPORT
driver is returning BusTypeScsi for these Luns.

The knowledge base article 264203 describes IOCTL_STORAGE_QUERY_PROPERTY can
be used to get the adapter and device properties. When used on my system
this IOCTL returned bus type as 1(BusTypeScsi) for Adapter and Device. This
is a default bustype returned by SCSIPORT.

Can some one help me to get iSCSI HBA working with MPIO on Windows 2000?
Thanks.