BSOD when unplugging one of two FC cable while copying files - Storage

This is a discussion on BSOD when unplugging one of two FC cable while copying files - Storage ; Hi, Can anybody help me.. This is my situation: The current load balancing policy is Round Robin; that is, all paths are active. While copying files from my target to my host, I intentionally unplugged one of the two FC ...

  1. BSOD when unplugging one of two FC cable while copying files

    Hi,
    Can anybody help me.. This is my situation:
    The current load balancing policy is Round Robin; that is, all paths are
    active. While copying files from
    my target to my host, I intentionally unplugged one of the two FC cables
    that connects my host and my target. The result is BSOD. I did this to test
    the failover functionality of the my DSM.

    I tried to use WinDbg and I found out that one of the assetion in the
    DsmpRequestComplete() failed. The assertion checked if the
    NumberOfRequestsInProgress of the deviceInfo is greater than zero.
    DsmpRequestComplete() is called by the MPIO's competion routine. I think
    there is a problem with the DsmId passed in by the MPIO.
    Does this have something to do with the DsmSetCompletion() routine? because
    there are lines there that says that the target of the request changes if
    the I/O is retried, and that I must not depend on the DsmId passed in by the
    MPIO.

    By the way, I am using the sample msdsm codes, included in the mpio1.17
    package, as my base codes.

    what shall i do?..

  2. Re: BSOD when unplugging one of two FC cable while copying files

    See my answer to your other post.

    "graceyd" wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > Can anybody help me.. This is my situation:
    > The current load balancing policy is Round Robin; that is, all paths are
    > active. While copying files from
    > my target to my host, I intentionally unplugged one of the two FC cables
    > that connects my host and my target. The result is BSOD. I did this to
    > test
    > the failover functionality of the my DSM.
    >
    > I tried to use WinDbg and I found out that one of the assetion in the
    > DsmpRequestComplete() failed. The assertion checked if the
    > NumberOfRequestsInProgress of the deviceInfo is greater than zero.
    > DsmpRequestComplete() is called by the MPIO's competion routine. I think
    > there is a problem with the DsmId passed in by the MPIO.
    > Does this have something to do with the DsmSetCompletion() routine?
    > because
    > there are lines there that says that the target of the request changes if
    > the I/O is retried, and that I must not depend on the DsmId passed in by
    > the
    > MPIO.
    >
    > By the way, I am using the sample msdsm codes, included in the mpio1.17
    > package, as my base codes.
    >
    > what shall i do?..

+ Reply to Thread