Veritas Storage foundation and NTFS volume seen as RAW - Storage

This is a discussion on Veritas Storage foundation and NTFS volume seen as RAW - Storage ; I posted this message previously in Windows 2000/General but it would be better to put it here. Sorry for this inconvenience. So, Hi there, We have a storage array with a volume seen as RAW rather than NTFS. Since several ...

  1. Veritas Storage foundation and NTFS volume seen as RAW

    I posted this message previously in Windows 2000/General but it would be
    better to put it here. Sorry for this inconvenience.

    So,

    Hi there,

    We have a storage array with a volume seen as RAW rather than NTFS.
    Since several days, we are working on it, with Symantec tech support and
    their last idea is:

    "From the screen shots that you sent us, looks like your volume should be in
    a healthy status with a file system.

    MSFT does have a fix that may just correct your issue. You will have to
    open up a support case with MSFT to obtain this patch. This will be their
    latest fix for mountmgr.sys on windows 2000 SP4.
    This fix is related to filesystem showing RAW status."

    We can't find the KB article related to what Symantec told us. They can't
    tell us where they found this article...(internal KB?). How can we get this
    fix? Usually, we can get fixes through KB articles so I think we don't need
    to open a case through MSFT.

    Our system is a Windows 2000 Server Cluster with SP4 and Rollup package
    installed, with a RAID 5 volume and Storage Foundation 5.0 handling this
    array.

    If anyone can help us, it would be very appreciated

    If you need more information, let us know.
    Thanks for your help.

    Regards,

    Christophe

  2. Re: Veritas Storage foundation and NTFS volume seen as RAW

    I didn't find any KB talking about this issue. Perhaps you can get a KB
    number from them?

    "toff23" wrote in message
    >I posted this message previously in Windows 2000/General but it would be
    > better to put it here. Sorry for this inconvenience.
    >
    > So,
    >
    > Hi there,
    >
    > We have a storage array with a volume seen as RAW rather than NTFS.
    > Since several days, we are working on it, with Symantec tech support and
    > their last idea is:
    >
    > "From the screen shots that you sent us, looks like your volume should be
    > in
    > a healthy status with a file system.
    >
    > MSFT does have a fix that may just correct your issue. You will have to
    > open up a support case with MSFT to obtain this patch. This will be their
    > latest fix for mountmgr.sys on windows 2000 SP4.
    > This fix is related to filesystem showing RAW status."
    >
    > We can't find the KB article related to what Symantec told us. They can't
    > tell us where they found this article...(internal KB?). How can we get
    > this
    > fix? Usually, we can get fixes through KB articles so I think we don't
    > need
    > to open a case through MSFT.
    >
    > Our system is a Windows 2000 Server Cluster with SP4 and Rollup package
    > installed, with a RAID 5 volume and Storage Foundation 5.0 handling this
    > array.
    >
    > If anyone can help us, it would be very appreciated
    >
    > If you need more information, let us know.
    > Thanks for your help.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Christophe

+ Reply to Thread