It's possible to use RAID on USB? - Storage

This is a discussion on It's possible to use RAID on USB? - Storage ; Hi everybody! It's possible to use RAID on USB?...

  1. It's possible to use RAID on USB?

    Hi everybody!

    It's possible to use RAID on USB?

  2. Re: It's possible to use RAID on USB?

    Yup.

    wrote in message
    > Hi everybody!
    >
    > It's possible to use RAID on USB?

  3. Re: It's possible to use RAID on USB?

    schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > Hi everybody!
    >
    > It's possible to use RAID on USB?

    Sorry how can i do this!!!!!!

    Thanks

  4. Re: It's possible to use RAID on USB?

    It's possible to use RAID on USB?

    Sorry how can i do this!!!!!!

    Sorry I'm stupid!
    I have a Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition(Service Pack2)!!

    Thanks

  5. Re: It's possible to use RAID on USB?

    Sorry for the late reply. You *should* be able to insert your usb drive, go
    into computer management/storage management and then convert the disk to
    dynamic. Do this for all of your disks and you should be able to create a
    volume striped/mirrored/raid5 across the disks.

    If the option is grayed out, then first you need to check and make sure that
    the drive is configured for optimal performance and not quick removal. If
    it still doesn't work, then the drive itself may have some property that is
    not allowing it to become dynamic.

    This does not work on Vista AFAIK, but does for XP and 2003.

    ~kenny

    wrote in message

    > It's possible to use RAID on USB?
    >
    > Sorry how can i do this!!!!!!
    >

    > Sorry I'm stupid!
    > I have a Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition(Service Pack2)!!
    >

    > Thanks

  6. Re: It's possible to use RAID on USB?

    I try'd but it does'nt work! It's still grayed out!

    "Kenny Speer" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > Sorry for the late reply. You *should* be able to insert your usb drive,
    > go into computer management/storage management and then convert the disk
    > to dynamic. Do this for all of your disks and you should be able to
    > create a volume striped/mirrored/raid5 across the disks.
    >
    > If the option is grayed out, then first you need to check and make sure
    > that the drive is configured for optimal performance and not quick
    > removal. If it still doesn't work, then the drive itself may have some
    > property that is not allowing it to become dynamic.
    >
    > This does not work on Vista AFAIK, but does for XP and 2003.
    >
    > ~kenny
    >
    > wrote in message
    >>
    >> It's possible to use RAID on USB?
    >>
    >> Sorry how can i do this!!!!!!
    >>

    >> Sorry I'm stupid!
    >> I have a Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition(Service Pack2)!!
    >>

    >> Thanks

+ Reply to Thread