Configure Microsoft MIPO - Storage

This is a discussion on Configure Microsoft MIPO - Storage ; I have an iSCSI server that is listening on 172.18.2.69 and 172.18.2.70. Do I need to add the second ip address to the iSCSI initator Target Portals and configure the connections to enable MPIO? The MPIO feature is installed, I ...

  1. Configure Microsoft MIPO

    I have an iSCSI server that is listening on 172.18.2.69 and 172.18.2.70. Do
    I need to add the second ip address to the iSCSI initator Target Portals and
    configure the connections to enable MPIO? The MPIO feature is installed, I
    just want to see if I am configuring it correctly. Thank you.

  2. Re: Configure Microsoft MIPO

    No. the target portal is used for discover of luns (target devices).

    When you click "login" on the targets tab, you'll see an "advanced" button,
    click it. Here you can set the explicit source and destination IP address.
    Both target addresses should appear, if they don't then your target is not
    configured correctly.

    Be sure to check the "MPIO" radio button else you can't login twice.

    Now, simply "login" again to the same target. Choose different src/dst ip
    addrs, or use the same (you can, but it doesn't provide much benefit).
    Please note, you can use the src or dst or combination as many times as you
    like, up to the max, 32 for current initiators.

    ~kenny

    "Gabe Matteson" wrote in message
    >I have an iSCSI server that is listening on 172.18.2.69 and 172.18.2.70. Do
    >I need to add the second ip address to the iSCSI initator Target Portals
    >and configure the connections to enable MPIO? The MPIO feature is
    >installed, I just want to see if I am configuring it correctly. Thank you.

  3. Re: Configure Microsoft MIPO

    thanks kenny that was very helpful!

    "Kenny Speer" wrote in message
    > No. the target portal is used for discover of luns (target devices).
    >
    > When you click "login" on the targets tab, you'll see an "advanced"
    > button, click it. Here you can set the explicit source and destination IP
    > address. Both target addresses should appear, if they don't then your
    > target is not configured correctly.
    >
    > Be sure to check the "MPIO" radio button else you can't login twice.
    >
    > Now, simply "login" again to the same target. Choose different src/dst ip
    > addrs, or use the same (you can, but it doesn't provide much benefit).
    > Please note, you can use the src or dst or combination as many times as
    > you like, up to the max, 32 for current initiators.
    >
    > ~kenny
    >
    > "Gabe Matteson" wrote in message
    >>I have an iSCSI server that is listening on 172.18.2.69 and 172.18.2.70.
    >>Do I need to add the second ip address to the iSCSI initator Target
    >>Portals and configure the connections to enable MPIO? The MPIO feature is
    >>installed, I just want to see if I am configuring it correctly. Thank you.

+ Reply to Thread