Hardware testing - Storage

This is a discussion on Hardware testing - Storage ; We've just got a new 6TB storage server. Does anyone have any recommendations for software to test performance of this server i.e. IOPS etc ?...

  1. Hardware testing

    We've just got a new 6TB storage server. Does anyone have any
    recommendations for software to test performance of this server i.e. IOPS
    etc ?

  2. Re: Hardware testing

    You could go low-end and use IO Meter - http://www.iometer.org/

    --
    Chuck Timon, Jr.
    Microsoft Corporation

    "jenna" wrote in message
    > We've just got a new 6TB storage server. Does anyone have any
    > recommendations for software to test performance of this server i.e. IOPS
    > etc ?

  3. Re: Hardware testing

    I concur. This should help get you started:

    http://www.snia.org/education/tutori...ce_Testing.pdf

    "Chuck [MSFT]" wrote in message
    > You could go low-end and use IO Meter - http://www.iometer.org/
    >
    > --
    > Chuck Timon, Jr.
    > Microsoft Corporation
    > Windows Server 2008 Readiness Team
    > This posting is provided 'AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
    > rights.
    >
    > "jenna" wrote in message
    >> We've just got a new 6TB storage server. Does anyone have any
    >> recommendations for software to test performance of this server i.e. IOPS
    >> etc ?

+ Reply to Thread