Testing and Submission of MPIO Device Specific Module - Storage

This is a discussion on Testing and Submission of MPIO Device Specific Module - Storage ; What are the steps and requirements in testing and submitting the MPIO Device Specific Module (driver)? I have also read that HCT Kit results are no longer accepting for having the DSM digitally signed by microsoft. I'm not quite sure ...

  1. Testing and Submission of MPIO Device Specific Module

    What are the steps and requirements in testing and submitting the MPIO
    Device Specific Module (driver)? I have also read that HCT Kit results are
    no longer accepting for having the DSM digitally signed by microsoft. I'm
    not quite sure if the tests discussed in Third-Party Multipath and MPIO Test
    and Submission Process is still applicable since it uses HCT Kit to obtain
    the results.

  2. Re: Testing and Submission of MPIO Device Specific Module

    http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/winlog...uirements.mspx

    --
    Chuck Timon, Jr.
    Microsoft Corporation

    "graceyd" wrote in message
    > What are the steps and requirements in testing and submitting the MPIO
    > Device Specific Module (driver)? I have also read that HCT Kit results
    > are
    > no longer accepting for having the DSM digitally signed by microsoft. I'm
    > not quite sure if the tests discussed in Third-Party Multipath and MPIO
    > Test
    > and Submission Process is still applicable since it uses HCT Kit to obtain
    > the results.

  3. Re: Testing and Submission of MPIO Device Specific Module

    In short, you have to use DTM as of June 1 2007. MS will not accept HCT
    results.

    "graceyd" wrote in message
    > What are the steps and requirements in testing and submitting the MPIO
    > Device Specific Module (driver)? I have also read that HCT Kit results
    > are
    > no longer accepting for having the DSM digitally signed by microsoft. I'm
    > not quite sure if the tests discussed in Third-Party Multipath and MPIO
    > Test
    > and Submission Process is still applicable since it uses HCT Kit to obtain
    > the results.

  4. Re: Testing and Submission of MPIO Device Specific Module

    Thanx a lot for the info..

  5. Re: Testing and Submission of MPIO Device Specific Module

    Thanks a lot for the info..

    "Kenny Speer" wrote in message
    > In short, you have to use DTM as of June 1 2007. MS will not accept HCT
    > results.
    >
    > "graceyd" wrote in message
    >> What are the steps and requirements in testing and submitting the MPIO
    >> Device Specific Module (driver)? I have also read that HCT Kit results
    >> are
    >> no longer accepting for having the DSM digitally signed by microsoft.
    >> I'm
    >> not quite sure if the tests discussed in Third-Party Multipath and MPIO
    >> Test
    >> and Submission Process is still applicable since it uses HCT Kit to
    >> obtain
    >> the results.

  6. Re: Testing and Submission of MPIO Device Specific Module

    I have downloaded the DTM documentation. From the documentation, I have
    found out the there are many different Logo Tests. And honestly, I don't
    know which test(s) to perform for the MPIO DSM.

    Another thing is that, I have read that I need a winqual account to submit
    the package containing the test results. Is my understanding correct?

    "Kenny Speer" wrote in message
    > In short, you have to use DTM as of June 1 2007. MS will not accept HCT
    > results.
    >
    > "graceyd" wrote in message
    >> What are the steps and requirements in testing and submitting the MPIO
    >> Device Specific Module (driver)? I have also read that HCT Kit results
    >> are
    >> no longer accepting for having the DSM digitally signed by microsoft.
    >> I'm
    >> not quite sure if the tests discussed in Third-Party Multipath and MPIO
    >> Test
    >> and Submission Process is still applicable since it uses HCT Kit to
    >> obtain
    >> the results.

+ Reply to Thread