Is there any recommendations ? - Storage

This is a discussion on Is there any recommendations ? - Storage ; I would like to gain more knowledge in Storage field. Is there any good book / web site recommended ? Thanks...

  1. Is there any recommendations ?

    I would like to gain more knowledge in Storage field.

    Is there any good book / web site recommended ?

    Thanks

  2. Re: Is there any recommendations ?

    www.snia.org

    "Peter" wrote in message
    >I would like to gain more knowledge in Storage field.
    >
    > Is there any good book / web site recommended ?
    >
    > Thanks

  3. Re: Is there any recommendations ?

    In regards to Storage and Windows 2003, I would recommend:

    "Inside Windows Storage" by Dilip C. Naik
    ISBN 0-321-12698-X

    Rgds,
    Edwin.

    "Peter" wrote in message
    > I would like to gain more knowledge in Storage field.
    >
    > Is there any good book / web site recommended ?
    >
    > Thanks

  4. Re: Is there any recommendations ?

    This is a good one too to learn some background on Storage and
    Virtualization

    Storage Virtualization: Technologies for Simplifying Data Storage and
    Management (Paperback)
    by Tom Clark (Author)

  5. Re: Is there any recommendations ?

    Dear Edwin,

    Many thanks for your advice and I have finished reading the book "Inside
    Windows Storage". I gives me better understanding of Storage / Windows
    Server / Backup / SAN.

    If I want to gain more knowledge on SAN and related area, is there any book
    recommended ?

    Thanks
    Peter

    "Edwin vMierlo [MVP]" wrote in
    message news:OsFBTBE0HHA.5644@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
    > In regards to Storage and Windows 2003, I would recommend:
    >
    > "Inside Windows Storage" by Dilip C. Naik
    > ISBN 0-321-12698-X
    >
    > Rgds,
    > Edwin.
    >

    > "Peter" wrote in message
    >> I would like to gain more knowledge in Storage field.
    >>
    >> Is there any good book / web site recommended ?
    >>
    >> Thanks

  6. Re: Is there any recommendations ?

    Peter,

    I am glad that book helped you understand some of the Windows technology.

    In regards to SAN, wow... I do not believe that there is a single book.
    I have done a couple of (vendor specific) courses, to understand (part of)
    the SAN I am working with

    "SAN" is a very big topic. I would suggest you contact your storage hardware
    vendor, and see what information they can provide you, topics:
    - basic connectivity
    - connectivity troubleshooting
    - admin of storage
    - troubleshooting of storage
    - admin of fabric
    - troubleshooting of fabric

    and then "in" your storage solutions, you probably have many "apps" or
    "features" where you need to get info on.

    so, in short, talk to your storage vendor !

    HTH,
    Edwin.

    "Peter" wrote in message
    > Dear Edwin,
    >
    > Many thanks for your advice and I have finished reading the book "Inside
    > Windows Storage". I gives me better understanding of Storage / Windows
    > Server / Backup / SAN.
    >
    > If I want to gain more knowledge on SAN and related area, is there any

    book
    > recommended ?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Peter
    >
    > "Edwin vMierlo [MVP]" wrote in
    > message news:OsFBTBE0HHA.5644@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
    > > In regards to Storage and Windows 2003, I would recommend:
    > >
    > > "Inside Windows Storage" by Dilip C. Naik
    > > ISBN 0-321-12698-X
    > >
    > > Rgds,
    > > Edwin.
    > >

    > > "Peter" wrote in message
    > >> I would like to gain more knowledge in Storage field.
    > >>
    > >> Is there any good book / web site recommended ?
    > >>
    > >> Thanks

+ Reply to Thread