LUN Shrink ? - Storage

This is a discussion on LUN Shrink ? - Storage ; Hi, Why shrink feature is not available neither with diskraid nor with 2003 WUDSS "SAN Management" mmc ? Shrink is (or can be) supported by VDS software providers....

  1. LUN Shrink ?

    Hi,

    Why shrink feature is not available neither with diskraid nor with 2003
    WUDSS "SAN Management" mmc ?
    Shrink is (or can be) supported by VDS software providers.

  2. Re: LUN Shrink ?

    Without a file system on the LUN, I suppose you could shrink it. Once a
    file system is on the LUN, the issue isn't VDS but the file system itself.

    "Thierry" wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Why shrink feature is not available neither with diskraid nor with 2003
    > WUDSS "SAN Management" mmc ?
    > Shrink is (or can be) supported by VDS software providers.

+ Reply to Thread